Notary Rotary
Pamela Mitchell Marshall
Notary Discussion History

Pamela Mitchell Marshall
Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by Carla Abraham on 10/11/12 9:28am
Msg #438052

Pamela Mitchell Marshall

Thanks to all of you that read my thread yesterday and advised me of what to do. I did e mail Performance Title and Notary Direct and let them know what had taken place. Performance Title e mailed me last night and had demanded she overnight me a check today. Notary Direct did not respond back, which is no surprise to me. She is top on their list for signings here in Jacksonville, FL.
Performance Title was very upset with her, and ask that I call them if I do not receive a check tomorrow.
For Notaries that are unaware of subing, please do not sub a signing from another Notary as you cannot be sure you will be paid and the TC or the SS are not responsible for that. The notaries that sub out their work are overbooking themselves because of pure selfishness, because they usually keep 20% of the payment and give you 80%. Just be very careful of this type of person.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 10/11/12 9:33am
Msg #438054

Most companies frown on notaries subbing out the

signings they're assigned - Did you market directly to Performance for future work?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 10/11/12 9:33am
Msg #438055

Should add...I don't take work from other notaries

I take directly from TC or some SS's - wont accept assignments from other independent notaries.

JMO

Reply by Carla Abraham on 10/11/12 9:35am
Msg #438056

Re: Most companies frown on notaries subbing out the

I am on their database.

Reply by Carla Abraham on 10/11/12 9:37am
Msg #438057

Re: Most companies frown on notaries subbing out the

I just call Notary Direct and they are very unhappy about this, and said after they investigate this, they may not even use her anymore.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 10/11/12 10:05am
Msg #438058

Well good - maybe title will use you directly from now on n/m

Reply by Carla Abraham on 10/11/12 10:13am
Msg #438060

Re: Well good - maybe title will use you directly from now on

Well atleast I'm honest and do my own work. I never sub anything out. If it's gonna roll down hill, I want to be responsible for my own mistakes....not someone elses.

Reply by MW/VA on 10/11/12 10:35am
Msg #438061

This is a disgusting concept for notaries that think they

can take all the work & sub it out. It seems there's always someone who gets greedy. Shame on her, and I know this will cost her in the long run. Unfortunately, it's attractive to notaries who are starting out & need to get their foot in the door.
We are aware of a notary in VA who purchased the top spot on one of the sites for all of VA. She farms that work out to notaries in the area when she gets those calls. IMO it's unethical to do that. We all pay hefty $$$$ for advertising. Fortunately, I get calls for more business than I can handle, and know those calls just go down the line on the list. IMO there's enough work in my area for everyone, so why try to "corner the market".
I'm glad you've got to a place where you can hold your own & don't need to depend on someone like that for work. :-)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.