Notary Rotary
Praying For Our East Coast Notaries
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by PegiT_MN on 10/30/12 9:23am
Msg #441246

I couldn't sleep at all last night.....kept CNN on throughout the entire night.....the damage is unspeakable. I am just praying that all of our east coast notaries and their families are safe this morning.

Reply by 101livescan on 10/30/12 9:26am
Msg #441247

Indeed. I'll bet it was a night to forget! So many perished already in the deadly storm. I received an email from a notary friend in Herndon, VA. No power for a couple of days, her generator is on order! Freezing cold. Prayers and thoughts with all our East Coast communities and friends that they weather the storm in good health, safety and security.

Reply by ToniK on 10/30/12 9:53am
Msg #441252

I'm doing ok. No issues here. Still have power. All I got was rain and wind. I'm in Ashburn not far from Herndon. It's amazing to hear all these stories of devastation in my neighbors backyard but mine was spared. Hope everyone else is faring well. I seem reports of NY and NJ hit hard since that is where the storm landed. I think I was at least 100-150 miles away from the outer ring of the eye.

Reply by anotaryinva on 10/30/12 10:21am
Msg #441260

Same here, we had a lot of rain (7") high winds. Lost power around midnight, it came back 10 minutes after I lit all the candles at 6am.

Reply by CapCityAgent on 10/30/12 11:01am
Msg #441269

Hello my Fellow Notaries, it has been sometime since I've last logged onto NotRot. All is well at my household here in Hyattsville, MD (boarderline of District of Columbia). I must say, Sandy was fierous! I had not had an opportunity to conduct any closings since May 2012 due to my work schedule. However, I have been flooded with request. It seems as if the economy may be getting it's MoJo back. I am hoping to get sometime to conduct 6 closings before the year is over. I guess my work in the past speaks for itself, especially after turning down five months worth of closings. From a part-timer!

Reply by Roadie_MD on 10/30/12 1:26pm
Msg #441288

reporting from eastern shore, MD

Happy to report the worst of the storm is over. Original reports had worst of storm scheduled to hit today. I was out of power for several hours but it is back on, I fully expected to be out for several days. I feel blessed to be spared. A few braches down and a swampy yard is the worst for my family. Many trees are down in the era, some are on houses, flood danger should be mostly over by this evening. Many roads are still closed but things are definitely looking up since yesterday.

I am also a volunteer firefighter and we had several bad fires in the county yesterday, with the wind making matters worse. One home that was pretty involved had ammunition going off inside, making it impossible to get close to the fire.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.