Notary Rotary
Signature Closers LLC in Ohio offering Referral Bonuses
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 10/8/12 10:28pm
Msg #437734

No, in 12 years, I've not been made this irresistable offer to refer my other vendors to any signing service.

Interesting, huh. Whapping $2 to $5...per referral. Makes you want to just jump in on it before is expires!

Reply by John Tennant on 10/8/12 11:12pm
Msg #437736

Who the heck do they think they are?

I received the following also. I actually respected this company. No more. Read.

Earn $2-$5 per closing

That's right. Earn $2-$5 for each closing a company sends us that is completed successfully...even if you are not the signing agent on the file. You just have to be the first to tell us about that company. We'll contact the company to see if they are interested.

Are you interested? We hope so. We trust your work and think other companies will benefit from your referral.

Refer a company today...

1) Go to https://www.signatureclosers.com

2) Log in.

3) Click Refer a Company.

4) Complete the form and click Submit Referral.

We'll send you an update after we contact the company. And you can track the bonus totals in real time as closings are completed.

Submit Your Referral Today

THEY ARE NOW LOOSERS IN MY BOOK.

JMHO

Reply by Roger_OH on 10/8/12 11:41pm
Msg #437737

Ahh, shades of Chris Von Nieda...

One of the original purveyors of the "Send me your companies" scam.

Look him up on LinkedIn; no mention of LoanClosers or his SS past.

Reply by Chris Schapman on 10/9/12 6:20am
Msg #437742

Re: We made a mistake. We're cancelling our referral program

Good morning,

We are removing our Referral Bonus Program and obviously should have done more research on releasing such a program.

Thank you for your comments and for the comments others provided here and via email.

We made a mistake and will correct it.

Sincerely,

Chris Schapman
[e-mail address]

Reply by PegiT_MN on 10/9/12 7:29am
Msg #437743

That program sure was short lived. n/m

Reply by jojo_MN on 10/9/12 8:53am
Msg #437757

Re: We made a mistake. We're cancelling our referral program

Why didn't you send an email to everyone that received the first one stating that you cancelled it? Or are you waiting until everyone sends your their favorite title companies? I'm sorry, but I have had too many good title companies that gave me steady business go to the way of signing services that majorly slashed my fees.

Reply by Chris Schapman on 10/9/12 9:03am
Msg #437758

Re: Thanks for your patience...email to all sent

Hi JoJo_MN,

Thanks for your patience. I sent the email to everyone a few minutes ago and now need to remove the links from the website.

- Chris

Reply by 101livescan on 10/9/12 9:20am
Msg #437762

Re: Thanks for your patience...email to all sent

thank you, Chris, this was not a well planned, thought out crusade and had potentially no benefit to members on this board.

Reply by MW/VA on 10/9/12 9:21am
Msg #437764

I got the email & appreciated it. :-) n/m

Reply by 101livescan on 10/9/12 9:04am
Msg #437759

I remember in the beginning when signing services would ask for "references". Well, I hope everyone was careful to give 'other signing services' and not give away their escrow/title references. Like gets like. In my job search days, employement services would ask which companies I was interviewing with and who my contacts were. Duh?

it's a dog-eat-dog world, still. Another tip for new notaries, only give ss's other ss's so you're not defeating your purpose to forge relationships with better paying title/escrow work, i.e., cutting out the middle man.

Reply by jba/fl on 10/9/12 9:36am
Msg #437767

Or, you could do as I do

I give them Mercury companies, Lender's First Choice, Bridgestone....etc. At least that shows 1. longevity and 2. that I did work for title companies. If we have been working a while, these are ones we did do work for over the years.

No lies - just deflecting.

Reply by Lee/AR on 10/9/12 9:21am
Msg #437763

imho, you should forgive because he didn't defend his error

in judgement and corrected it quickly. Again, imho, it just shows a lack of thinking this thru from any point of view beyond their own...which is pretty common in this business.

Reply by Chris Schapman on 10/9/12 9:48am
Msg #437771

Re: imho, you should forgive because he didn't defend his error

Agree. The little planning we did was obviously not enough. We can only work on proving that we are going to service you and our clients better going forward.

Thank you for your understanding.

- Chris

Reply by HisHughness on 10/9/12 12:48pm
Msg #437798

Gotta tell you, Chris ...

... this is about the classiest admission of error I have ever seen on this board. You did everything that could be expected of someone who is honestly trying to make amends.

Sure hope PeeBee the Platinum Blonde never expects that level of mea culpa from me. If so, I'm road kill.

Reply by Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing on 10/11/12 7:55am
Msg #438043

Of course you should all know this idea was all Chris- not Mark... I am just kidding of course but it's easy to make Chris the scapegoat Smile

In all seriousness, we did not give much thought to how we implemented this program and I take full responsibility for that. Our intention was not to "steal" title companies that our signing agents currently do business with, but I can see how that was perceived as our intent.

This was supposed to be geared towards the situation where you may have had a local title relationship where you do work in your home area but the title company does work around the country or at least outside of your service area. You could refer us to their work outside of your home area, earn a referral, and hopefully get business from other title companies that are referred to us from other signing agents. We would never expect or want to take business that you get directly today as we do understand it typically is higher pay when you are direct with title and I have experienced that myself as a signing agent in Ohio.

Our goal is to be the most proactive, transparent, and best signing service in the country and sometimes our ideas spin a bit outside of our initial intention. I apologize for that here but hopefully you will find you can count on us for honest dealings, transparent / timely payment (heck, we email a list of files with a check number or ACH date every month and give you that view on our site), and hard work for you and our clients.

We appreciate your work and thanks for your forgiveness. We all need it sometimes...

Mark

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.