Notary Rotary
Suggestions for printers with Auto-select
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by titleguy_ny on 10/2/12 2:33pm
Msg #436833

I'm a recovering Mortgage Broker just getting started as a signing agent. I have an OLD Canon copier/printer/fax that I am planning on using but I could never figure out how to get it to auto select the paper trays. The printer has been quite a workhorse but its incompatible with Winows 7. I can still work around it but does anyone have any suggestions for printers that they are happy with or to stay away from??? Stinks to find out your printer sucks AFTER you buy it...

Reply by MW/VA on 10/2/12 2:47pm
Msg #436843

If you use the orange search button to search

"printers" you will find many discussions on this. Some prefer HP, others like Brother, and some like Canon. Lots of good info available in the archives.

Reply by RickG/CA on 10/2/12 2:59pm
Msg #436851

like almost everything else (ie phones, carriers, men, women) it really comes down to preference and pocketbook. Lots will say HP or Brother, though there are others Epson, Lexmark, Xerox etc. Look at what you have and what you need and make that a starting point. There are tons of posts on printers to be found using the orange search button. Look at the cost/availablity of the consumables as well as the printer.

I currently use a Brother 5370dwt and it works fine. However, my next printer will most likely be an HP. Not that I have anything against the others, it's just my preference.

Good luck.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 10/2/12 9:15pm
Msg #436911

I prefer HP..I just retired a 2430tn and now have a refurbished 4200n that I like a lot too..This seems to be an ongoing question on this forum. I wish we could have a printer rating system or list of favorite printers..lol

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 10/2/12 9:32pm
Msg #436915

I would love a rating system! consumables too :) n/m

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 10/2/12 9:40pm
Msg #436918

be sure to compare duty cycles while shopping. I've had both

hp and brother. both have been fine. I would recommend you do your due diligence to make sure it does all you need it to. I would also highly suggest dual trays and if you buy with the second tray as part of the package your overall cost will likely be less than adding the second tray later.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.