Notary Rotary
The end to a perfect day!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by Claudine Osborne on 10/22/12 9:38pm
Msg #439823

I was so happy today! All my closings went off without any issues, all documents arrived early and all the closings were close to home!

At my last closing I told the BOs goodnight and thanked them for making my last closing nice and smooth..The Mrs. "Says be careful now you arent home yet"

I was 1/4 of a mile from home just running along a little too fast..And yep the police pulled me over! The Bos words came back to bite me..She was right!

I told the cop I was a notary and almost home and just had a perfect day..and was in a hurry to share the day with my husband..And he let me go with a warning! Whew..Yep it was a perfect day!

Reply by Linda Juenger on 10/22/12 9:53pm
Msg #439826

Good for you. Attitude is everything when stopped. I closed a State Trooper today and jokingly said "I just LOVE asking a Cop for his D/L". He laughed. It broke the ice.

Reply by Gerry Grummons on 10/23/12 6:25am
Msg #439846

One time I closed a trooper, and he asked how long it would take. I told him about 1 hour.
When we were done and I was sealing the envelope, he looked at his watch and said
1 hour 3 minutes! That included the moment he had to chase after his two year old.
Guess he was used to timeing things. Ain't this fun!

Reply by Kendall Challenger on 10/22/12 10:09pm
Msg #439829

Just goes to show, good things happen to good people. I was the lucky recipient of the unused HP2430 toner cartridges that Claudine offered to give to a good home recently on NR. I received them recently and I've been meaning to send you an email to say thanks but I just got busy this past week so this is the perfect opportunity to say thanks here on the NR forum.

Thank you so much Claudine

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 10/23/12 8:30am
Msg #439854

Glad you could use them..Thanks

Reply by 101livescan on 10/23/12 8:33am
Msg #439856

Cool for you, I get stopped occassionally with a warning...why am I working so late, especially on holiday weekends. Knock on wood, haven't had a ticket in a while...

I love those perfect days!

Reply by Barb25 on 10/23/12 9:00am
Msg #439861

Wow. That was the end of the perfect day.

Good for you and the wonderful cop for not ruining it for you.

Reply by famena on 10/23/12 1:22pm
Msg #439912

I was stopped recently and when the officer asked if I had an emergency, I said NO it's just that is getting dark and I am in my way to this address to notarize some docs .. when the officer finished writing my ticket I asked him to help me open my bottle of water (I am a senior and my hands are not very strong) and after he opened the bottle for me he started giving me directions to the address I was looking for then he had a second tought and canceled my ticket.. and gave me a "warning". Bless his heart!

Reply by Barb25 on 10/23/12 6:45pm
Msg #439976

Well that does it.

I am moving to either Ohio or Texas. Although we do get to go to traffic school down here and it doesn't go on your license. And you get to learn alot of "laws" on the books in the long class. And pay a big fine. The end.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.