Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
What do you do when the notary says "no can do"?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by Shoshana/AZ on 10/1/12 10:52pm
Msg #436745

Well, that's easy! Just go to your nearest bank. The notary there will do anything you ask.

This was about a man who was trying to renew his Indian passport. He needed a certified copy of his marriage certificate. I knew it was a no go and even got the secretary of state's office on the loan so he could get it straight from them. He needed this, otherwise he was going to have to go to the consulate in San Francisco. Undaunted, he went to the bank notary who was happy to oblige.

Reply by Bernice/CA on 10/2/12 12:55am
Msg #436760

and if the Bank Notary doesn’t help you the UPS Notary will….

I was told recently by a client, who regularly goes to UPS to have similar documents presented notarized, and the Notary Public never asks if they want a Jurat or Acknowledgment attached to the document. The Notary just stamps the doc and signs it.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 10/2/12 1:08am
Msg #436761

That's priceless! LOL! n/m

Reply by Linda Juenger on 10/2/12 7:50am
Msg #436769

Not true in my town. The banks will NOT hardly notarize

anything. They especially won't if they don't have an acct there. The send them to me. I have tried to tell them that being a Notary is a Public Service and they should not refuse unless they can't identify correctly or fear fraud is taking place. They don't care. They won't touch it.

Reply by bfnotary on 10/2/12 8:00am
Msg #436772

Re: Not true in my town. The banks will NOT hardly notarize

My bank has sent me a couple people too, My favorite bank teller also has a bunch of my business cards in case some one comes in and needs me. She said they only notarize their bank documents.

Reply by ArtG/KS on 10/2/12 9:36am
Msg #436789

Re: Not true in my town. The banks will NOT hardly notarize

In KS we cannot certify a copy of any vital-statistic document issued by the government. We can certify a copy of POA's and the like by attaching the proper certificate stating it is a true and exact copy of the original in the possesion of________.

And only the notary can actually do the copying of said document. Less that, its not going to be valid. Its amazing how many 'behind-the-counter' notaries dont even know the difference between an acknowledgement and a Jurat, reqardless of all other statutory codified and non-codified notary laws here. Amazing!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.