Which Certification Programs are Recognized/Accredited
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by NVLSlady/VA on 10/30/12 9:18am
Msg #441243

for NSAs?

Thanks in advance for your professional commentary. Your views are respected.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 10/30/12 9:20am
Msg #441244

None, as far as I know n/m

Reply by HisHughness on 10/30/12 9:26am
Msg #441248

There is no recognized accreditation program for NSA certification.

NotaryRotary, I understand, will someday soon be launching a training program. Because NotRot just doesn't do things unless it does them right, that should be a five-star offering. There are some good local programs; Joan Bergstrom, a frequent contributor to this forum, teaches one in California.

Some lenders insist on certification by XYZ, but my experience is that they are not nearly as insistent if you push them. I would not recommend XYZ, for reasons that pertain to the program itself and some reasons that go beyond the program.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 10/30/12 11:02am
Msg #441271

<<"There is no recognized accreditation program for NSA certification">>

Explains why google was less than helpful . . . Thanks for comments

Ms. Cheryl E. was telling me about CA's mobile notary network (don't think we have in VA).
But my signing agent instructor is now partnering with ASN, I believe to offer certification.

I think that's why new notaries are turned on to XYZ. I was just curious what other choices someone might have when considering a Certification credential.

I'm quite sure their training can't touch what I've gained through experience, local instruction - and of course, reading here!

Reply by ToniK on 10/30/12 1:29pm
Msg #441289

There are offerings out there but to me experience goes a long way vs a certification.

Withthatsaid, here in VA we have Bryce Hall doing training classes in Fredericksburg and Richmond twice a month. She does basic notary law class for Virginia notary laws and then a Signing agent class. She used to do them at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, I took her class there years ago but alot was left to be desired. However she may have changed alot in her classes. NOw for it being recognized or accredited..not sure.

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 10/30/12 1:33pm
Msg #441291

I took a certification class back in 2000; I received

a fairly good education in loan signing along with documents (sample) that generally are in loan packets.
The class got me off to a good start, and the experience I have gained has added to the education.
I believe it was said that the certification had to be renewed from time to time.
I took the class for the education - period.
It does not matter if I am certified - I have so much experience. (Close to 10 years).

Stephanie

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 10/30/12 3:46pm
Msg #441318

yes, Bryce's classes helped me a lot. Her classes are now offered through ASN. I see that their signing agent course Does offer the certification (I may take just for that); otherwise, the course description sounds similar to the class I took with her.

The Real purpose of my post was to sniff out what credentialing is being RECOGNIZED in the industry (and sad to say, Experience, a true "no-brainer" for the wise, ain't It); it's like someone with an M.S. and no common sense will be heard over a horde of heaven's angels . . . (not a "sermon" by any means, just making a point)

Reply by JPH13/MO on 10/30/12 4:41pm
Msg #441332

This one is recognized by many companies, more each month

Notary2Pro.com courses. There are lots of companies willing to give you an assignment with zero experience other than taking at least the basic course on this site, and more each month as the word keeps getting out.

I love the owner and helped her to correct the little typos and things I found on the site to make it more professional (for free). I think everyone new should have to take this or a similar course before they are allowed to be a signing agent, it would help the reputation of all notaries because most of the stupid mistakes that can happen when you don't know what you are doing could be avoided.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 10/30/12 7:03pm
Msg #441350

Re: This one is recognized . . .

Yes, thank you for posting, Jillian. Notary2Pro does seem highly recommended and one co. confessed that this course is one of the few - if not the only - recognized by THEM when making the decision to accept inexperienced notaries. Wow! Kudos

Reply by cindyb on 11/12/12 9:35am
Msg #443070

Re: This one is recognized . . .

Another class I recommend if you are in North Carolina (NC) or close to NC is www.ProTrainingllc.com. You get a live instructor and lots of support. Check them out.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.