Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
YIKES! I accepted a 3 Hour assignment . . .
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by NVLSlady/VA on 10/22/12 11:27am
Msg #439666

and will definitely be canceling. Either I need a new cell phone Or a set of hearing aides!
SS called Fri for an assignment Wed in McKenney, VA (WHERE IN THE WORLD is that?!!)

I thought he said, "McLean." Anyone wants, I will gladly "funnel."

Lesson here: Always be sure to check/verify your assignments. This could have been awful.

Reply by Barb25 on 10/22/12 12:57pm
Msg #439676

I "feel" your surprise.

When I am of sound mind even with my "best" companies I started asking how far is that if I am not near my computer or mapquest. Occasionally I am duped but that is a topic for another post. It is also a good double-check for the hearing problem. Smile

Reply by ToniK on 10/22/12 1:10pm
Msg #439679

Hahaha I get calls like that. I always ask for the zip codes...Anything that starts with 23 is far as all get out. If I have never heard of it, I check my phone googlemaps.

Turned down alot of signings down in central or southwest Va. No way Im driving out there. lol

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 10/22/12 1:28pm
Msg #439687

I think the SS thought they must have been talking to you, Toni (LOL). These distance signing requests usually come your way (:

The funniest part is, I was out and about on Fri, had just finished an early morning signing with these folks and was DEAD tired; so I actually turned down a 5:00 in Reston for them. So they offered "McLean" (so I thought) and added, "I'll pay $xxx. It's farther than your normal area."

Little did I know how MUCH farther!!

Reply by ToniK on 10/22/12 2:28pm
Msg #439710

LMAO they got you with Mclean too? hahahaha I accepted a mclean too until I googlemapped it and it was on the border of Arlington of 66. I called and said NO WAY, Im doing that. I prefer Mclean close to Tysons or Great Falls. Yea Mclean is big. lol

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 10/22/12 6:56pm
Msg #439795

Oh no, you're absolutely right. That's heading into D.C. No can do. I'd better start memorizing that zipcode. Assuming Tysons/McLean could be dangerous

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.