Notary Rotary
two notaries at one signing
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by ToniK on 10/23/12 10:17am
Msg #439882

My first time I have ever been to a signing where another notary was assigned.

I had called BO to confirm our appt at 4pm yesterday. This was at around 2pm. He informs me that it was originally scheduled for 12pm but the notary didnt get the docs in time so she was unable to make the 12pm appt. So they rescheduled for 4pm.

He calls me back at 3pm saying the other notary was coming out. He was confused as to who was supposed to be coming to his home, her or me. So I told as far as I know its me but I'll call and find out.

So I call the SS that hired me and they act like they had an attitude about this situation saying "we hired you, just go".

So I show up and the other notary was about 2 mins earlier than me. So we spent like 30 mins trying to get a hold of someone and figure out who is the one truly hired to do the job. It was a TitleSource job, she was hired by Nations Direct. She called Nations, I called Titlesource. Titlesource said it was originally scheduled with Nations Direct. But the notary for ND had docs dated 10/20. I had docs dated 10/22. So Titlesource said they would cancel the order with ND and Im to continue with the signing.

The BO's sitting there with a WTF look on their faces.

The other notary and I was conversing while on hold waiting to hear the outcome. Talking about how long each of us been in the business, whether we are full time or part time. Exchanged numbers. It was a real crazy situation I have experienced and Ive been doing this for 6 years (nowhere close to amount of years most of you veterans on the board). Ive heard stories of two notaries showing up but wow at actually experiencing it.

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 10/23/12 11:05am
Msg #439890

TitleSource uses Nations all the time, and rarely calls NSA's for their own closings.

The only issue I have with working with TitleSource directly is getting paid within 30 days.

Reply by Dennis_IN on 10/23/12 11:22am
Msg #439894

I would prefer to be called by Title Source instead of their

signing services. TS calls for their Quicken loans (the only lender that truly has their act together) and they use others to assign the others...chase is one of them... TS pays me in a timely manor.

Reply by Jessica Ward on 10/23/12 11:36am
Msg #439897

I don't think that's necessasrily accurate.

I work for Title Source on a very regular basis, directly (never through Nations--I stopped that a couple years ago after they routinely sent two notaries to jobs when the found someone cheaper than me and then didn't cancel me).

I work with Title Source on multiple lender files: Chase, Quicken, Flagstar, and a couple others that I don't see very often from anywhere.

They're very, very good to work with, and communication is typically excellent.

Reply by snowflake/PA on 10/23/12 12:31pm
Msg #439903

I work with TS directly when they have something in my

area and I agree communication with them is excellent.

Reply by ToniK on 10/23/12 12:39pm
Msg #439904

TS calls me directly for alot of their Quicken loans.

This was a PennyMac loan (geez 158 pages) which came from one of their farmed out companies not Nations.

Reply by Julie/MI on 10/23/12 2:18pm
Msg #439924

it's happened a few times, sometimes they are two different properties other times it's a case of double booking.

If it's the latter, I've just told the other closer I'm with title and they go, I don't spend time on the phone, I've got no time to waste on 30 mins of playing who's on first.

Reply by MW/VA on 10/23/12 4:10pm
Msg #439950

Talk about awkward! Too bad the borrowers get caught

up in this kind of confusion. I had one last week-- called to confirm appt. & borrower
said that someone had already called. I checked with the ss that hired me. Sure enough, some tc had sent that same order out to three different ss. Ridiculous. They must be on a fishing expedition these days. ;-) LOL

Reply by Luckydog on 10/23/12 5:05pm
Msg #439964

That has happened to me, unfortunately the notary had a relationship with the lender, and I was paid a trip/print fee from the SS who screwed up.

Reply by CH2inCA on 10/23/12 5:40pm
Msg #439969

Doesn't seem like a big deal but

it can be a problem and blow the whole deal.
I accepted a signing recently, when I called BO to confirm she said someone had already called. She then wanted my Commission number and Dr Lic number. I gave her my commission number over the phone, but she was still VERY suspicious.
Later the LO called to tell me it was all cancelled, (loan too not just signing) because she couldn't understand how a mistake such as two notaries could possibly happen.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.