Notary Rotary
1st Experience with 2 notaries same loan
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by kcg on 4/5/13 8:30pm
Msg #464667

I had a Quicken with Skye at 7pm.....raced from my 6pm and got there at 7 on the dot. When I walked in a gal was sitting at the table chatting on her phone. I thought she was a girlfriend - jeans, dirty tennis shoes, t-shirt. When I sat at the table, she barely looked at me, she ended her conversation and was handing BO a TIL....my first thought was that she was a loan officer - but for a Quicken? I then realized she was a notary when I saw the pack of docs in front of her. WTH? I asked if we were signing two separate loans. She would barely look at me....BO said no he was just signing one loan. I asked her who hired her....JMT. I got on the phone to Skye and of course couldn't get anyone but voice mail. She made the comment that a friend of hers works in downstate IN and ever since Skye started doing Quickens from TSI it was a common occurrence to have 2 notaries there.

Has anyone experienced this with Quickens now that TSI is outsourcing?

How does it happen that 2 different companies end up with the same loans? Does title send out the jobs and documents to numerous companies? I truly cannot understand how this happens.

And yes, I am spitting nails.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 4/5/13 8:37pm
Msg #464668

Oh my. Don't know but I guess if JMT only pays

50 you get to wear jeans and dirty tennisSmile

Reply by ikando on 4/5/13 8:42pm
Msg #464670

Sorry that happened to you, kcg. My concern is that there are two sets of the borrower's docs being printed and floating around. If the lender is paying two companies to hire 2 notaries, that's a bunch of bucks, even if one notary only gets print fee. Seems to me if the money is there for the lender/title to afford to hire (assuming they pay) 2 companies, the fees to either one (and ultimately the notary) ought to be higher.

Wonder what Miss Jeans got paid.

Reply by ToniK on 4/5/13 8:54pm
Msg #464673

Yes that is the norm. Ive had that happen to me on two Skye closings. Luckily I caught it on the confirmation call when the BO states "I just confirmed with another notary". I immediately call Skye and say hey whats going on? They usually just cancel with me.

One time I showed up at a closing and another notary was there. I was hired directly by TS and she was hired by Nations Direct. Her docs were two days outdated and mine were current yet she didnt want to leave without asking Nations who has the job. I called TS directly on conference and of course they stated they would cancel with Nations. It was an awkward situation.

Reply by Lee/AR on 4/5/13 8:55pm
Msg #464675

I got hired by 2 SS & TS to do the same Quicken

1 SS hired me several days beforehand and the other SS & TS hired me within minutes of one another for what turned out to be the same loan....then EVERYBODY canceled before I could even reply/call/respond/ask WTH... and then the 1st SS canceled 4 hours later as 'another notary was doing it'.

Reply by Sandra G Holland on 4/6/13 1:43pm
Msg #464744

Re: I got hired by 2 SS & TS to do the same Quicken

Somebody is obviously making a mistake somewhere. It reminds me of when I was substitute teaching. I arrived one day to find a very flustered secretary (the scheduler) because she just realized she had called two subs for the same assignment. She was able to put one of us in the office for the day. Another time, a secretary called me very upset that I hadn't shown up. I had subbed for her many times. I told her that I had her on tomorrow's schedule. That wasn't what she thought she had told me. I was already at another campus and signed in, but hadn't turned off my phone yet. This secretary insisted I drop everything and go to her campus! The reason I mention this is that people make mistakes. They try to correct them. In the case of subbing, I usually knew the scheduler in person. With signings, we know them only by their kind and professional voices. I just hope that when I make a stupid mistake, they realize that it was just a mistake and that I am teachable.

Reply by JinCA on 4/6/13 2:39pm
Msg #464752

Re: I got hired by 2 SS & TS to do the same Quicken re: Skye

I too experienced double scheduling by Skye. Luckily, I found out about it on my confirmation call. No trip, or printing done on my part, but I did turn down another job before getting a hold of the borrower. I have been reading many others having the same experience with them. I will no longer accept jobs from them.

Reply by HSH/WA on 4/6/13 5:24pm
Msg #464770

Re: Wish the BO had said "another notary confirmed" when you

called to confirm. I've had that happen and found that the previous notary bailed. But I was not willing to go unless the SS confirmed that I was the only one and would get paid. I also showed up early and started the signing quickly. Thankfully, no one else showed.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 4/6/13 10:45pm
Msg #464807

Re: Wish the BO had said "another notary confirmed" when you

This has happened to me several times..With different SS..Luckily for me I usually arrive 15 mins early to all my closings. More than once I have had other notaries show up for the same appointment..except they were late. You snooze you loose! I do the closing and get the full fee they may get a print fee! I have seen a couple of other notaries confirmations and they are getting the low ball fees..Maybe thats why they are late!

It is embarrasing for us when this happens...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.