Notary Rotary
Anyone else receive TS email about what cellular device
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by snowflake/PA on 4/10/13 12:09pm
Msg #465199

each of uses and are you taking their survey included in the email? Any work I receive through TS is now through SS's anyway.

Reply by Barbara___IL on 4/10/13 12:11pm
Msg #465201

Yes, same thing. The survey took a minute.

Reply by Frances Kany on 4/10/13 12:11pm
Msg #465202

I received it and took the survey. I get a huge amount of work through Title Source. They pay me well, almost always have docs before time, helpful when needed and pay in three weeks automatically deposited in my account. I will jump through whatever hoop they would like.

Reply by Lynne Landry on 4/11/13 1:21pm
Msg #465322

I agree! TS is the best client I have, took the survey and got two more assignments right away.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 4/10/13 12:11pm
Msg #465203

I took it!

Reply by SAmobile/TX on 4/10/13 12:13pm
Msg #465205

I took the survey also. Love working for TS.

Reply by ME/NJ on 4/10/13 12:12pm
Msg #465204

Did it took a minute.. Trust me if not for TS the last month I would be hurting.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/10/13 12:13pm
Msg #465206

I got it..completed it.

Hope they are not moving to text assignments.. prefer calls

Reply by ME/NJ on 4/10/13 12:21pm
Msg #465208

I hope it is to improve communications, honest once you have assignment trying to reach or get help via email is next to impossible.

Reply by kcg on 4/10/13 12:35pm
Msg #465211

I fear that they may be moving toward sending out job offers via text. Another company I work for does it and I don't like it. When a text is blasted out, you have to be able to answer it immediately or lose the job.

I have a Bluetooth and can answer a call without having to grope for the phone. If you get a text message alert while you're driving, you have to pull over or take a dangerous chance and try to read and answer the text while driving.

I really prefer a phone call.

Reply by Gregory/CA on 4/10/13 12:22pm
Msg #465209

I was reluctant to hit the "Take The Survey"

as I did not know who this person was, nor was there any telephone number. The email address is came from was generic ([e-mail address]).

After researching the name in the signature line, I felt a little better and more so after reading these messages.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 4/10/13 12:52pm
Msg #465213

Received it, took survey and got as far as telling them which phone model I have and that was end of survey for me. I got the impression there's more to it depending on the phone you have.

Reply by leeinla on 4/10/13 1:47pm
Msg #465220

Took the same survey. I wonder what is the reasoning for it.

Reply by Leslie_Mo on 4/10/13 4:10pm
Msg #465247

I must be the only notary that doesn't have a smart phone. The survey did ask if I would be willing to get a smart phone if I received more work from them. I said yes. I've gone 8-9 years on a basic cell phone and thought I could continue that way. Maybe I'll have to change to keep business. My survey --- how many of you have smart phones??

Reply by jba/fl on 4/10/13 4:13pm
Msg #465248

Almost all of us. Count me. n/m

Reply by Jessica/FL on 4/10/13 4:15pm
Msg #465250

iPhone

I have an iPhone and love it. I couldn't imagine "life" without it.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/10/13 5:23pm
Msg #465258

I do - through Straight Talk - unlimited Talk text & web

$45/month - no contract.

Have the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim.

Reply by pan/nd on 4/10/13 5:23pm
Msg #465257

Don't have a smart phone...don't want one..my dumb phone is just fine, thank you

If TS's plan is to use texting...guess what..it's illegal here to text and drive...$100 fine

calling is ok on a cell phone...but if texting is required you have to stop the car and get out

to avoid being illegal.

But, maybe that's not their plan.

If it's responding to an e-mail on a smart phone...it's still illegal here...if you're driving.

But you can still respond to a phone call if driving.

Reply by Lee/AR on 4/10/13 6:39pm
Msg #465270

Smart or dumb phone--neither work in dead zones here n/m

Reply by CarolF/NC on 4/10/13 9:57pm
Msg #465279

Lee LOL. n/m

Reply by CarolF/NC on 4/10/13 10:04pm
Msg #465283

I called TS about the survey. It is something they are

working on to streamline assignments etc. no further information provided. Sounds like scheduling or text blasts to
me. More and more are blasting emails and text assignments as it saves on people power. Hard to grab those assignments while driving, in a signing, the shower or if you are just old and can't see the screen without your glassesSmile

Reply by BrotherOwner on 4/11/13 12:32am
Msg #465289

Re: I called TS about the survey. It is something they are

I think it's referred to as a "cattle call" not texting. Name that tune, Jepardy,etc. It'll do nothing for the notary, but be dangerous, and lower fees.

Reply by Lee/AR on 4/11/13 3:59am
Msg #465292

Bingo! "Best explanation" prize to BrotherOwner.

Time-waster, too. Puts many notaries in dangerous position of texting while driving or wasting time pulling off road to read/respond---just to get one assignment filled with the lowest fee, of course.

Reply by Matt_VA on 4/11/13 2:11pm
Msg #465332

Re: I called TS about the survey. It is something they are

Lost most of my work with TS when they did the Skype interveiw for Quicken loans. Really the only great closing they have. Chase through them is no better then anyone else, same late docs, notorial evidence form and the same price too. I'm 58. I didn't have Skype on the two days notice they wanted and I don't have a smart phone yet either. It may be that's were it's heading though. Got a good computer, very high speed internet, ok printer. Now it's a smart phone. Will that speed up those Chase docs? Bottom line: $30.00 per month for data plan plus cell charge for verizon, at least $200.00 for a phone. That's $560.00 first year. This old fart just don't know......Where's the money?

Reply by jba/fl on 4/11/13 2:18pm
Msg #465334

There are cheapers phones and service available.

You can port your number so that it is smooth sailing on that end. I use Metro PCS, which is good in metro areas. LindaH uses WalMart.....she can tell more about that plan. Both of us pay $45 month and get data, texting, etc. I can also get roaming if I pay in advance, but don't need so far except when I go out in the woods to play. And then I don't care if anyone reaches me.

Check some other plans -

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.