Notary Rotary
Bancserv Email
Notary Discussion History

Bancserv Email
Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 4/4/13 9:41am
Msg #464400

Bancserv Email

Any one receive this email? Well, we know they have been background checked for sure as they are owned by Fidelity.

Bancserv, LLC

Nationwide Mobile Notary Service

•22800 Savi Ranch Parkway Suite 208•Yorba Linda, CA 92887•

•Toll Free (800) 721-5558 • Phone (714) 919-3131 • Fax (949) 809-0630•

Greetings Notary,

We are excited to announce that we have received some new business and would like to extend the offer for you to service this new business with us! The lender that has signed an agreement with us wants to make sure that the notary’s servicing their account have a sufficient background check and an authorization form on file with us, which is why we are contacting you today.

If you have a completed Background Screening through the NNA, please send us a copy of the certificate you received stating you are a “NNA Certification and Background Screened Notary Signing Agent”. If you are not background screened through the NNA but have a background check that was completed within the last 2 years, please forward that to us so we can see if it is sufficient for our customer. Along with the background check we would need you to fill out the attached Notice, Authorization and Release Form.

We ask that you send us a copy of the listed documentation to:

(949) 809-0630 or [e-mail address]

Once we have this information back we will update your profile accordingly and you will be ready to start servicing this new account with us! If you are not interested in this new business please let us know as well.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter please contact Brady Johnston by e-mail at [e-mail address]. We look forward to our continued business together, thank you!

Sincerely,

Vendor Management

Reply by ToniK on 4/4/13 10:18am
Msg #464406

Nope didnt get this email but they already ave a background for me. I had it done through NotRot last january. So Im guessing mine must be ok. Just did a loan for them last EOM.

Reply by Jack/AL on 4/4/13 10:23am
Msg #464408

Nope. I did not................. n/m

Reply by Yoli/CA on 4/4/13 10:29am
Msg #464409

Yep. Got it and responded. n/m

Reply by Laurie Manzanares on 4/4/13 10:48am
Msg #464415

If your background check includes the following information. Bancserv will accept it.

National Criminal
National Sex Offender Registry
OFAC
County Criminal
Social Security Trace

Reply by La Trese Breaux on 4/4/13 12:16pm
Msg #464429

i recieved the letter and I dont want to pay for another background i took a life scan for the SS and that should be fine, in the state of Cal you have to have a clean background to be a Notary

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 4/4/13 1:18pm
Msg #464444

Not so much....

"in the state of Cal you have to have a clean background to be a Notary"

That's not really accurate, especially since November 16, 2012 when the disciplinary guidelines changed:

http://www.sos.ca.gov/business/notary/disciplinary-guidelines.htm

(See pages 10-12)

What irks me is that they post this introduction:

"In the performance of such duties, the Secretary of State strives to ensure that applicants and commissioned notaries public possess the requisite honesty, credibility, truthfulness, and integrity to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. Character is germane to the qualifications of the office of a notary public, given the nature of the duties and responsibilities. Government, business, and the public depend on the integrity of notaries public to take the required steps in authenticating signatures and properly completing transactions. The issue of good character is the foundation of all notarial acts."

And yet... in the revision of their guidelines, they LIFTED THE BAN on convicted felons obtaining a notary commission. For commissions issued before 11/16/12 it's guaranteed that the notary is not a convicted felon. Afterward? Not so much. Now, a convicted felon may obtain a commission after 10 years and after a court has adjudicated that they are rehabilitated. It's very difficult, but still possible. Many companies, however, ban convicted felons in their own GLBA policies. So, just because they have a notary commission doesn't mean they're eligible to work for these companies as a contractor.

My renewed commissioned was issued last year after 11/16 -- so that alone is no longer a guarantee I'm not a felon. So, if a company comes to me and says, "Hey, we need to be sure you're not a convicted felon," what am I to do? I can no longer guarantee that simply by proving my notary credentials. I have to prove it with a background screening where they look for a criminal record.

In addition to the felony ban lift...they also reduced the amount of time that people with lesser criminal offenses have to wait before applying for a commission.

It's important to point out this, too:

"Each individual case must be reviewed in detail and may warrant departure from the disciplinary guidelines. In such cases, the Secretary of State requests that the administrative law judge clearly delineate the factual basis for deviating from the disciplinary guidelines. "

Reply by La Trese Breaux on 4/4/13 2:08pm
Msg #464449

Re: Not so much....

well Iknow have a clean back ground,I completed a life scan and my record is clean as Board of health (my mom use to say that lol )

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/5/13 9:35am
Msg #464548

Here's the deal..think about this..

Go right ahead, dig your heels in and refuse

#1 - your competition won't - they'll comply and get the work that could have been yours.
#2 - Lenders, SS's and TC's don't have access to the background information gathered by your SOS during the commission process. So they, therefore, are requesting that you provide it, and the only way is through BGC.

Is it a PIA? Absolutely. But if you want to work in this field there's a PIA factor that we all have to suck up and deal with. Some companies wouldn't accept the NotRot BGC that I got - I said too bad and guess what? The phone didn't ring. So I bit the bullet and got the NNA one - and those companies were happy. Was it an expense? Sure it was - but if I wanted my business to more than putt putt along it's what I had to do.

Pick your battles. Your BGC for the SOS is not available to everyone - you need to get by that and get the required info to the companies somehow - that is, IF you want to work - so get another BGC, write it off as a business expense, and get the work. Now, I'm sure you'll say you're working now - and that's a good thing - imagine the quantity AND QUALITY of calls you'll get if you get the BGC.

Thank about it.

JMO

Reply by Belinda/CA on 4/4/13 12:18pm
Msg #464430

"I hereby release Bancserv, to the full extent permitted by law, from any liability or claims
arising from releasing, disclosing, providing and/or reporting information concerning me
to any party pursuant to this Notice, Authorization and Release."

"...release _____ (co. name) from any liability or claims arising from releasing...to any party..."
I never like this wording.

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 4/4/13 1:08pm
Msg #464443

their major client is CTT...can't stand working for CTT! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.