Notary Discussion History

Craigslist Ad looking for a notary! Asking illegal notarial
Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by Jessica/FL on 4/5/13 7:27pm
Msg #464656

Craigslist Ad looking for a notary! Asking illegal notarial

I was looking at craigslist and saw this ad:

notary public - $500 (Whittier)
Looking for a creative notary public, nothing illegal at all. Call -------------------

So I called Tom. He said he is in a difficult situation. He is trying to get 2 liens reconveyed but the person that needs to sign the reconveyance is no where to be found.

Ughhhh yes, this is very illegal!

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/wan/3702906261.html

Reply by Yoli/CA on 4/5/13 7:51pm
Msg #464660

And, you know what? For that kind of money, Tom will probably find someone soon.

So, so sad. Frown

Reply by Jessica/FL on 4/5/13 7:56pm
Msg #464661

Really sad. :(

I hope he doesn't for the sake of the notary.

Reply by desktopfull on 4/6/13 12:45pm
Msg #464732

Re: Really sad. :(

Why would you worry about a notary getting caught doing something completely illegal? It exposes another shiester and gets rid them.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 4/5/13 8:58pm
Msg #464678

I was once in the county recorders office, and overheard the people ahead of me. The people in front of me, were have a deed transferred, where the other party (a spouse who deserted) was no where to be found, and the county was able to do this, using certain language etc. that allowed them to sign on behalf of the person who was uncooperating/not responding, etc. I suppose it depends on the situation of why the other person doesn't want to be found. But he should defintitely contact the county and see what they can do to assist.

Reply by desktopfull on 4/6/13 12:54pm
Msg #464734

I would think that this would need to be done in court

with an order from a judge, not just using some trick language that is recommended at a recording office or by a county clerk. IMHO, what you overheard these people doing is taking possession of property illegally. Why are county clerks giving legal advice in CA anyway? Isn't that UPL? The court clerks here can't even tell you what form you need to file something, they send you to the library section in the court to do your own research or tell you to seek legal advice from an attorney.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/6/13 9:37am
Msg #464705

Interesting!

http://www.trustlink.org/Reviews/Mortgage-Counseling-Center-206438639

Scroll down to the review by Andy, says he owns Mortgage Counseling Center and the phone number is the same as "Tom's"

Reply by Aredubb/CA on 4/6/13 5:35pm
Msg #464772

Andy's business is listed as "suspended" by CA SOS in the online section. The earlier business, with the same name, is listed as "dissolved." fwiw

Reply by desktopfull on 4/6/13 12:47pm
Msg #464733

Have you forwarded this ad to your DA or SA? n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.