Notary Rotary
Definition of low-grade panic.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 4/4/13 6:32pm
Msg #464477

Four closings scheduled for same parties 65 miles away Friday at 10 a.m. At 1 p.m. Thursday, with no dox received or printed, discover you have lost Internet.

Definition of unrestricted panic.

At 3:30 p.m., discover that new modem just picked up from Time Warner does not cure problem.

Definition of unalloyed relief.

At 4:30 p.m., techie confirms that Vonage telephone device has gone bad, screwing up entire system till some reconnections are made.

Of course, when you reach my advanced age, a really good fiber pill can give the same sense of relief.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 4/4/13 6:46pm
Msg #464478

Oh no! Will you be ok? Can you return the modem? Should you make a little side trip to the Poodle Lounge for some added relief? Wink

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 4/4/13 8:40pm
Msg #464491

We had IE down this PM. I was in same boat. Lots appointments internet wouldn't work.
Usually I freak today I just said screw it. finally email started working again. Geez.

Reply by Buddy Young on 4/4/13 6:53pm
Msg #464479

Sounds like you could benifit from a defibulator also.

Reply by sueharke on 4/4/13 8:06pm
Msg #464485

I don't know what type of computer you use or you internet connection provider. But for doing tax returns, I use Virgin Mobile on my laptop as an independent accessory secure wi-fi provider. If this does not work, try the public library to get your email and files and store them on a flash drive so you can print when you get home. Hope this idea helps until you get your internet connection fixed.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 4/4/13 8:52pm
Msg #464494

My public library wi-fi has saved me from some low-grade panic plenty! Never leave home without my flash either. Yesterday, sitting in car waiting for doctor's appt. and get call for signing (no docs, of course until hour and a half later). Told borrowers I'd be an hour later than scheduled.

Had my portable wi-fi with me at office print store (they had wi-fi but takes too long sign on with them sometime); downloaded everything, got docs printed and went to signing.

Remember that commercial where the catch line was "never let 'em see you sweat"? Well, thankfully I had nice clean socks with me 'cause though I wasn't wearing jeans (and had on a nice top), I wasn't in my NSA finest Smile No wonder doc is worried about my bp reading

Reply by HisHughness on 4/4/13 9:28pm
Msg #464499

Fortunately, my Internet came back up in plenty of time ...

... to do wha I needed to do.

However, I will keep in mind the downloading elsewhere on a flash drive. That's a wonderful idea. Thanks.

Any recommendations on really effective fiber pills?

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/4/13 8:52pm
Msg #464495

I read this after posting in the wrong forum....I though, wth? Oh goodness...Hugh is slipping. He is posting WORK in Leisure.

So....maybe Hugh isn't slipping and B-Tx is.

Reply by JimAZ on 4/4/13 9:16pm
Msg #464497

community clubhouse WiFi; Virgin Mobile backup stick; Mcdonalds; Starbucks; Coach's Bar & Grill (double vodka on the rocks please); My barber shop; Manuel's Mexican food (margarita please); You have started me wondering why I am paying for internet. LOL

Reply by Sandra G Holland on 4/4/13 9:22pm
Msg #464498

My public library does not print on legal paper. I haven't checked with one in a neighboring town. I was in another county one day and needed copies. I paid UPS for time on their computer. They charged .15 a sheet for printing. Someone was waiting. Right now, the printer is messed up. We are thinking it is the drum. I hope to have it fixed soon. I'd hate to have to feed one sheet at a time. I don't have any outstanding assignments right now, unlike last month at this time. I have never liked this printer. I may have to spend the money and get a good one.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 4/5/13 2:12am
Msg #464532

What's the security like on all those public WiFi networks? That would be a big concern to me and something I'd try to avoid except for an extreme emergency.

Reply by sueharke on 4/5/13 9:34am
Msg #464547

The security on public wifi networks is not secure. I use Virgin Mobile secure wi-fi stick. I also have use "surfeasy.com" to securely when using free wi-fi. It is a private network that work on Firefox browser and I have no fear of people snooping my web surfing.

Reply by VT_Syrup on 4/5/13 5:50am
Msg #464536

The nearest I've had to that was being in a crowed Red Cross office during a major apartment house fire. It was only the second time I'd ever been in the building. The wifi wasn't working, and computers were needed to issue financial assistance to disaster clients. The deputy chief response officer put a new wifi router in front of me and told me I was the one who was going to fix the system. They did see me sweat, but I got it going.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.