Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Does Notaryrotary.com sell CA Acknowledgment STAMP?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by CaNotary777 on 4/7/13 5:59pm
Msg #464852

Asking cause I coudnt find it anywhere on their site. pls provide a link if there is one, so that I may purchase my Acknowledgment stamp here. Thank you

Reply by John Tennant on 4/7/13 6:06pm
Msg #464854

yes, look in supplies on the top bar

Reply by CaNotary777 on 4/7/13 6:10pm
Msg #464857

Coudn't see, pls provide the link, so I may buy

I saw Jurat Stamp there, NOT Acknowledgment stamp

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 4/7/13 6:26pm
Msg #464858

Re: Coudn't see, pls provide the link, so I may buy

Acknowledgment stamps are much, much larger because of the wording required. If you don't see it on the store, just contact NOtRot Customer Service and ask for a custom stamp... they'll make one for you to your specifications.

Reply by CaNotary777 on 4/7/13 6:29pm
Msg #464859

ok thanks Marian-- I appreciate that bit of info.

Reply by CaNotary777 on 4/7/13 6:35pm
Msg #464862

Marian what stamps do you typically carry to a loan signing? Would appreciate your input... Thanks

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 4/7/13 7:01pm
Msg #464867

Sure...

I carry my notary seals, of course. I have a round purple one...the one I use most often. I also have a black rectangular one as a backup but also for those times when the round seal won't fit. I also have my embosser. I do not ink my embosser. I use it in addition to an inked seal for those that want it. With the embosser I carry I multiple colors of foil seals: gold, silver, red, blue and green. I let people choose the color they want.

I have a jurat stamp as well as what I call my 'attachment stamps' -- two different stamps that i use to indicate when I've attached a loose certificate. I have all three of these stamps custom made for me years ago. The attachment stamps look like this:

http://www.highdesertnotary.com/images/attachstamps.jpg

I don't carry an acknowledgment stamp anymore. It was just too large and not used enough to make it worth taking up the space. I will either attach a loose certificate when needed or I will write out the acknowledgment wording by hand. Yes, that is okay to do...even though some instructors will tell you that it's not. It is... if there's room and a loose certificate isn't appropriate or desirable... you can write it all out by hand. Don't write it on the back of the paper though.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 4/7/13 11:46pm
Msg #464882

Why didn't you just throw it in the trunk of your car and use it on the rare occasions that you need it?

Why would you write out the wording when you could have gotten the ACK stamp?

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 4/8/13 12:38am
Msg #464885

Because even with the ack stamp, it doesn't always fit...they're huge. If I write it out, I can control it better. I rarely do it...most of the time, there's simply not enough room so I simply attach a loose one.

I had one.... I just found that I NEVER used it so I ditched it.

There's nothing wrong with writing it out by hand. After all, we often fill in the blanks by hand. There's no difference.

Reply by CaNotary777 on 4/8/13 3:49am
Msg #464892

I DO have the Ack stamp, but it's not sharp

The image it makes it far from sharp/ crystal clear. i could easily do with a better stamp. i would have purchased from notaryclasses, but was selling there at a steep price, so i elected to buy from another company--- and it's useless.

Reply by CaNotary777 on 4/8/13 3:53am
Msg #464893

Nice to see my brilliant teacher Joan here :)

Thanks teach, thanks to your adroit teaching I was able to succeed as a loan signing notary.
You are a brilliant taecher. I am happy I was taught by you. I still learn and i learn every day, but you've laid a solid foundation here teach Smile

Reply by CaNotary777 on 4/8/13 3:58am
Msg #464894

Ack stamp is such a handy tool

By the way, Ack stamp is such a handy tool for any NSA. Its difficult to imagine a loan signing/ notarization without it. Some Ack stamps dont take much space and help avoid attaching a loose certificate. Besides, notarization on the page where the borrower/ client has signed looks really cool.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.