Notary Rotary
Double pay?
Notary Discussion History

Double pay?
Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by Ali/IL on 4/8/13 1:51pm
Msg #464947

Double pay?

I got an email from an ss that has the word Closers in it.

I was told that they could have paid me double for closings between certain dates. I said..I have done three for you have just received one check.

They angered me because the email said that I should check the numbers on the checks and, then be honest and call them. It would have gone better if they had not said be honest.I asked if they keep track of their payments.

He just came on too strong.

Reply by Rita Adu on 4/8/13 2:06pm
Msg #464948

Question remains if you were overpaid. If so, then tell him it was an "honest" oversight on your behalf just as it was on their behalf and then ask how he would like to have it resolved. This is business, we lose sight when we get our emotions in it. It happens. Don't sweat it.

Reply by Luckydog on 4/8/13 2:53pm
Msg #464953

I discovered it right away and sent them an email immediately about it. How can anyone not realize when all the names on the check are printed twice and not notify them? In any event, I got my replacement check. You can imagine the trainwreck on their end, and you should not have taken that email personally. Everyone got it, and I would have done the same thing in their shoes.

Reply by MW/VA on 4/8/13 6:48pm
Msg #464989

Got the same email. It turns out I was sent a ck. for 2

payments for the same signing but had applied it to the next invoice. Got another ck. today & worked it out with them that I'm actually paid now for a signing I'm doing tomorrow. Sweet! :-)

Reply by Natacha Joseph on 4/8/13 7:27pm
Msg #465000

Writing can be one of the most misinterpreted forms of communication. As well, our perception of what’s written can vary depending on where we are day to day. Personally -I agree, the word “honest” could have been left out. I would not have taken it too badly tho –had I known it was a mass email.

Marilynn, “sweet” is right Smile. That worked out quite nicely. Wonderful advice Rita Adu; you’re a natural! Luckydog, good for you for the quick action and being on top of things. I’m not as quick but strive to be so. I received a check 27th of March; just today I had the opportunity to audit month end receivables for this SS. I then wrote the company to let them know I was overpaid by one closing. I’ve been underpaid by them in the past…record keeping is crucial. There’s a bookkeeper on my wish list.

Reply by Clem/CA on 4/8/13 8:31pm
Msg #465012

I will accept Tips.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.