Notary Rotary
FASS
Notary Discussion History

FASS
Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by Susan DeMarco on 4/20/13 3:56pm
Msg #466463

FASS

I am white glove with FASS and had always been paid xxx for refi's - last few weeks - I have been getting emails that there is a signing within 40 miles - when I go to FASS site - the fee for the signing is $50.00. Anyone else experiencing lower fees from FASS ?

Sad part of this is that someone is accepting these jobs - and with Fax Backs - don't understand what is going on with the fees as even the lowballers handling the Quicken loans have come down from their offers of 85-90 to 50 - 60.

Reply by Lee/AR on 4/20/13 4:00pm
Msg #466465

Don't work for FASS, but it's not that hard to keep saying no to these. Eventually the people accepting these will realize that they're working for free and--gee--don't know about those notaries doing these, but, as for me, banks are not my most favorite charity.

Reply by Lavergne Manuel on 4/20/13 4:09pm
Msg #466467

FASS called me Thursday morning for a signing Monday evening and offered me a fee which I counter offered with $50.00 more and they said they had to get the fee approved. Friday morning they called back and said they had gotten my fee approved and they sent me the confirmation. As I started reading the instructions, I started remembering back several years when I used to work for them and the quality control issues started coming back and I decided I did not want to deal with that again so I turned it back. A while later I got an email saying that my profile had been deleted. I somehow felt relieved.

Reply by ME/NJ on 4/20/13 5:22pm
Msg #466477

Simple supply and demand

Tons of notaries and loans slowing down. Like throwing a piece of meat to a pack of hungry dogs. Had a company wanted me to do RM, I did the app and they offered the signing to me my normal fee $XXX was to much they offered XX. Just last month did 5 of them for $XXX so some bottom feeder took XX amount.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 4/20/13 6:43pm
Msg #466485

Re: Simple supply and demand

I've only been with FASS a couple of months. They call me several times a day during the week for signings from 1 mile away to 90 miles away. I always listen to their spiel, ask the pertinent questions about the signing and give them my quote. They always "have to get it approved." Sometimes, they call back with approval. I don't work with them often. But, when I do it's for my fee.

I'm not white glove with them. And, from what I gather, I don't want to be. As far as I'm concerned, each job requires discussion to determine fee. Did a Green Tree Servicing loan for FASS yesterday. 104 pages. Easy. 4 notarizations. No fax-backs. In my base area of 15 mile radius, my base fee of $125 would've been ok. This signing was an hour's drive from me. They agreed to $175. Had it been a Bank of America 187 pages with fax-backs, that would've been an additional $50 (large package and additional service).

If they need you, they agree to your fee. As ME/NJ said ~~ Supply and Demand ~~

Reply by James Morgan on 4/20/13 7:20pm
Msg #466493

Never worked for them, but sad to see. The SS's I have worked for many years don't do this to me.

Reply by Brenda Frank on 4/22/13 9:07am
Msg #466592

I was informed last week they lowered their fees and anything over $75 with print fee included has to be approved. I knew something was up when they said they would have to get approval for my out of county fee. Never had an issue before. So not worth the $ or the headaches they cause

Reply by Tom/NH on 4/22/13 9:14pm
Msg #466666

Same experience here. We've always quoted our fee and got the call back with an approval. Now they call and quote a ridiculously low fee ... we get the "have to get approval" when we counter offer our fee. Sadly someone is accepting the low ball offer because they don't call back. Holding firm on fee's, not working for peanuts.
- Sue

Reply by cremevette on 5/9/13 1:30pm
Msg #469413

I hate it when I go White Glove. It's like the kiss of death for my accuracy rating. Plus, I swear they are searching for ways to ding us these days. One doc reviewer couldn't read my handwriting on an ID expiration, saying it was expired. I called to confirm with the borrower and it was still valid. You can dispute one of their claims as much as you want, but it doesn't seem to work.

As for the fees, that's another hassle with the white glove. I'll get a notification on my cell phone, and either it will be gone before I can remember my password on the road, OR it will only offer the automatic $50 (home or road). You're supposed to call in and get the normal $75 corrected. Anyone who's tried to get through to FASS without leaving a message knows the on-hold music by heart.

I think FASS lost most if not all of Chase a while back, so they're hurting. Getting a Chase loan thru FASS (or LSI for that matter) used to mean it was a 50/50 chance of making any money. "We don't have any documents ...." was a given.

Companies that low-ball and micromanage like FASS eventually go the way of Nations Direct - they start only getting loan modifications or structured settlements. If you have to babysit your agents, you're not going to last.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.