Notary Rotary
FASS ~ a first for me:
Notary Discussion History

FASS ~ a first for me:
Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by Yoli/CA on 4/23/13 5:21pm
Msg #466822

FASS ~ a first for me:

Had a call less than an hour ago for a signing and after all pertinent questions, quoted her my fee. As usual, have to get it approved.

Here's the surprise: She emailed me to let me know fee was not approved and she had found someone closer to signing location but thanked me for trying to accommodate.

Usually, I either get the call approving fee or don't hear back from anyone on that particular job. Will wonders never cease?!!

Reply by Notarysigner on 4/23/13 6:33pm
Msg #466840

That was definitely a "maybe next time you'll lower you fee" email! Good, Tomorrow you just might get a call to go out their and clean up that mess!

Reply by Yoli/CA on 4/23/13 6:44pm
Msg #466845

Actually, that was for next Monday, 4/29th, on an investment property. So, maybe they'll be scrambling Tuesday or Wednesday. For the borrower's sake, I hope not.

Reply by Belinda/CA on 4/23/13 6:40pm
Msg #466843

Please - Fass is not doing this just to be sweet.

Now, I am not a cynical person. However, their goal is probably letting you know you are being undercut because they hope you will take less in the future. "We found someone else for less and just want to let you know. Thank you anyway." Really?

Maybe they are hoping you'll rush on and give them five stars.

"Closer to the signing location" translates cheaper no matter the angle you view it from.

A lot of these places count on our being gullible. It would be rare that even the best SS would email you. It isn't like you were holding the appointment time open (who would do that?) There has to be a reason and I doubt it was kindness.

If they can sound appreciative and let you know someone is doing it cheaper you may give in and go cheaper to get some jobs. They can always hope and try.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 4/23/13 6:47pm
Msg #466846

Re: Please - Fass is not doing this just to be sweet.

"If they can sound appreciative and let you know someone is doing it cheaper you may give in and go cheaper to get some jobs."

Nope, nope. Ain't gonna happen here. Not at the beginning or middle of the month; certainly NOT at EOM!

Reply by Barb25 on 4/23/13 7:21pm
Msg #466852

Sounds like you have a good scheduler there. Nothing wrong with that. There is just so much he can do but you have to admire the honesty... The company is still made up of people.

Reply by Amigoaz on 4/23/13 8:36pm
Msg #466867

Maybe you should email them back to say "Thanks but you received another order at the same time for a higher fee." Oh, and it's closer to you.

Reply by Clem/CA on 4/23/13 9:37pm
Msg #466875

I doubt if Fass is smart enough to figure out how to tell you that. stick to earning money and let the folks with the screw drivers get screwed

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.