Notary Rotary
FASS lowered fees
Notary Discussion History

FASS lowered fees
Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by Brenda Frank on 4/18/13 10:20am
Msg #466197

FASS lowered fees

Used to never have a problem getting paid an out of county fee for closings. Now they won't! To top it off they are trying to send docs to the borrowers so they don't have to pay a print fee. I am not going to work for $50. Would have been nice to be notified thatthey arw lowering their rates

Reply by 101livescan on 4/18/13 10:32am
Msg #466200

Thanks for the hot tip! I only work now and again for FASS when JP Morgan Chase "selects" fass as it's settlement agent, out of the 9 they use these days. The last one I had for them, however, was a complete fiasco, so not sure they'll be selected again.

Two signings! Two separate days, because we didn't have the right documents. What a nightmare!

Reply by jba/fl on 4/18/13 10:33am
Msg #466201

Brenda - you were notified....just then. I don't know of any company that sends out info about lowering their fees.

Reply by Brenda Frank on 4/18/13 11:07am
Msg #466208

I have several companies that have contacted me when they lowered their fees

Reply by 101livescan on 4/18/13 11:15am
Msg #466210

In their inimitable style, suddenly you're dropped as a white glove signer. It must be more and more difficult for them to keep a list of "white glove" signers who know their stuff, hence the growing amount of "instructional guidelines and diagrams" in the packages.

Moving right along...and forward...certainly not worth $50 IMHO.

Reply by TamaraCA on 4/18/13 11:32am
Msg #466214

FYI, I just signed myself up with FAT CO. When I turned in my vendor packet they supplied me with an additional required form I had to sign stating that any 'in-title office' signing they will only pay a flat $50 fee. She said she had already sent out to all of her registered notaries the addendum form. My question is... are they going to print out the docs for me? I can't afford toner and paper at prices like that.

Reply by HisHughness on 4/18/13 12:19pm
Msg #466219

***My question is... are they going to print out the docs for me? I can't afford toner and paper at prices like that.***

You mean you <would> take it for $50 if you didn't have to print the docs? Wow!

Reply by Yoli/CA on 4/18/13 12:21pm
Msg #466220

Re: FASS ...

calls every morning 7:00 - 7:10. They tell me call is recorded. I say absolutely. They tell me where the job is - usually 1 - 2 hours' drive from me. I ask who's the lender and if there's any fax-backs. I give them my quote $xxx. They have to get it approved. Only twice have they called back with an approval.

They call me several, several times a day. I always quote them my fee. If we come to an agreement, fine. If not, we each go on our way 'til the next time.

To answer Tamara's question: Usually, when signing in-office, yes they (TC) print for you. You just show up and do your job. They'll even split and ship for you. However, never take anything for granted. Always ask hiring party.

Reply by TamaraCA on 4/18/13 12:31pm
Msg #466222

Re: FASS ...

In answer to your question HisHughness, no, I would not take $50. They are proactively contacting all of thier current notaries and forcing this new pricing on them. If you want to work with them they give no choice for in-title office signings. And I'm sure someone out there will take that fee. However, the bank I used to work for always used them as a title company because they do their job correctly. They are quality. So, I will sign up with them and take any outside assignments and insist on my fee.

Reply by barkaroni on 4/18/13 4:36pm
Msg #466268

How did you find out they were lowering fees? I have had two this week and there was no mention of lowering fees for edocs. I don't go too far out of my area for signings with FASS but $50 is too low to go next door.

Reply by Brenda Frank on 4/18/13 5:10pm
Msg #466272

I new something was up when the first call she had a problem paying an out of county fee. She had to get approval. Second call docs were being shipped to borrower. This was also put of county and no print fee. $50 for 6 miles and having to fax back. I think not!

Reply by Yoli/CA on 4/18/13 6:45pm
Msg #466279

That may be regional. I've got one for tomorrow, out of county, for $175. FASS called around noon on this. I gave them my quote. Got the usual speil of getting approval. Well, she actually did call back a couple of hours later with the approval. I also see at bottom of confirmation where it says "Do not use previous notary." Don't know what happened previously.

When I get a call from FASS, or anyone else, I ask all my pertinent questions and give them my quote. I don't wait to see what they're offering. In some cases, my procedure may not be the best course -- if they're planning on paying more -- but, this is what works for me.

The only time I'll accept $50 is for 1 doc (i.e. Grant Deed) within a 5 mile radius. My time, my fee. JMO

Reply by Jessica/FL on 4/18/13 12:53pm
Msg #466225

Jessica just raised her fees :) n/m

Reply by Barb25 on 4/18/13 7:01pm
Msg #466284

Well I never had a money issue with FASS but...

after nearly 12 years of working with them I finally cut the cord. They have just become too difficult to work with... These trumped-up quality issues and such are just off the wall. They were unreasonable. I had enough. It didn't matter how much you did for them or how little for that matter. I just sent them an email asking them to remove me from their list. I feel better. 12 years. And I made a lot of money with them. But I still feel better.

Reply by barkaroni on 4/18/13 7:34pm
Msg #466287

Re: Well I never had a money issue with FASS but...

I know where you are coming from. Those Quality Issues are a PITA. I don't know how they keep any notaries on the White Glove status because FASS is always right. You can prove you were not at fault and it makes no difference. If I have nothing on the schedule and the signing is in my neighborhood I might do it but I won't go out of my way for them. They have a few really nice schedulers but the rest are too difficult to work with.

Reply by Brenda Frank on 4/18/13 9:40pm
Msg #466294

Re: Well I never had a money issue with FASS but...

There white glove status is a joke. Other companies actually pay their high ranking notaries what they ask for and not a bare bottom fee. I actually told the lady today if they are going to lower the fee so low they are more then likely not going to get a high quality signing done. It was so much easier when i worked directly for FATCO

Reply by CarolF/NC on 4/18/13 9:52pm
Msg #466295

LIKE. good for you barb n/m

Reply by notaryKing on 4/19/13 12:36am
Msg #466307

this is one of the companies who wont take my FBI issued BG check.

After arguing with them, they told me "reapply in 12 months."

For 50 dollar deals? yeah right. Cuts their fees yet expect you to write NNA a check for their LNexis garbage. PASS ON FASS.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.