Notary Rotary
For those thinking of upgrading their phone, and just not
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by jba/fl on 4/26/13 12:40pm
Msg #467267

quite sure of which way to go, the following article may/should help.

http://www.gizmag.com/smartphone-comparison-2013/27259/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=8cc5964d0a-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email

Reply by ToniK on 4/26/13 1:49pm
Msg #467285

Great!!! Im actually upgrading from my iphone 4. Im debating between Samsung S4, Note II (or should I wait till Sept for the Note III) or LG Optimus G.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 4/27/13 1:32am
Msg #467387

If you're looking at Samsung, one difference they didn't mention between the Note and Galaxy phones is that with the size difference, they're able to get a few more "keys" on the touch keypad on the Note vs the Galaxy (at least the SIII, which I have). That means you don't have to toggle back and forth nearly as often while typing. If you've not used either before, you have to switch screens between letters, numbers and symbols, but with the Note, some of the most used symbols are on the same screen, saving lots of time and aggravation. Some improvements were made with the newest OS upgrade, but if you do lots of email and texts, the larger Note screen is awesome! (I just had a chance to play with one a little at the T-Mobile store and I recommend doing the same, if at all possible.) I thought the article did a great job of outlining lots of other considerations and I learned quite a few things.

Whichever phone you decide to get, I also highly recommend (as I've said before) the Zagg Invisibleshield as a surface protector. It has a lifetime guarantee and does a good job not only of protecting the screen, but of cutting glare, etc. Works great without a stylus for getting signatures for credit card devices. Makes the phone feel much sturdier, too.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 4/26/13 3:03pm
Msg #467299

Thanks, Julie! Informative. I'm planning to upgrade this year and was planning on the Samsung IV. BTW, for anyone interested, Verizon will release in May - at least that's what I was told by them early this week.

Reply by Lexie on 4/27/13 12:18am
Msg #467379

Verizon? I have to admit I only started to look into this in the last few weeks. I had sworn I would never get another phone upgrade, after the last one. It took me almost a year to learn the new one and I still am not sure I know everything yet. I do not have a smart phone, DH just got texting in the last 6 months. Since I grew up just when the first rockets were being tested with monkeys, I am old enough to know I don 't know what I am doing with a cell phone. The kids, my grandkids, know so much and it is all so natural for them. I need an I phone or internet phone (same??) book for dummies. Then I will need a translator. LOL. I find that vocabulary is one stumbling block I have not been able to climb in the computer world. Then there are the abreviations! Well if you don't understand the "speak" then how can one decipher the abreviations? ! ! I do realize that to keep current, I will have to learn, but I am getting just old enough that learning is begining to get difficult too. Oh well, now I understand my Grandparents attitude about the television. Anybody seen a book for dummies over 65?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.