Notary Rotary
For your information
Notary Discussion History

For your information
Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by wv/or on 4/24/13 8:58am
Msg #466912

For your information

Last night I received a call from Title Source asking if I could do a signing. I said no, but I asked who the lender was. If it was a quicken loan I might be able to fit it in. She said I need to watch my wording because if signing agents are picking and choosing which lenders they will work for that they are going to start deleting their profiles.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 4/24/13 9:38am
Msg #466916

Thanks for the info

I know I have told them I can't do Chase for the same fee that they have in their system for me with the Quickens. I'm sorry, they are just too different animals. TS pays very low in my area, so I keep it in my zip code only and Quicken only. That's the only way to make it work for that fee. If they want more service they need to be willing to pay a higher signing fee. They now farm my area out to signiing services, but I will be mindful in the future as to how I phrase things if they resume calling me direct again.

<< if signing agents are picking and choosing which lenders they will work for that they are going to start deleting their profiles. >>

Sorry TS, we are independent contractors and we can choose what assignments we accept.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 4/24/13 10:17am
Msg #466919

should be "two" not "too" n/m

Reply by Jack/AL on 4/24/13 11:15am
Msg #466925

"Two" and "too" are equally correct..... n/m

Reply by janCA on 4/24/13 11:18am
Msg #466928

Re: Thanks for the info

And unfotunately, they can choose to delete our profiles.

I, to, always ask, as there is a time difference in the signing. Guess I won't be doing that anymore. I'll just adjust appointments accordingly.

Reply by ikando on 4/24/13 11:57am
Msg #466932

Wait, is this not another way to tell us that we should be glad to take the fees they offer, while taking on more work and costs? If a Quicken loan takes 60 pages and 1/2 an hour (as an example), but a BOA takes 150 pages and a full hour, but the fee offered is only $100, aren't you reducing your income?

No, I will continue to ask about the lender. How many people are willing to do Provident loans with their picky requirements for the same price as a Quicken? Sorry, as said before, I'm an independent contractor, and if they choose to delete me, it's their loss of a good, professional signing agent.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 4/24/13 1:01pm
Msg #466945

You can change your fees in their database. Up your fee to accommodate all types of packages.

Reply by janCA on 4/24/13 1:02pm
Msg #466946

The chase loans I've done for TS are only about 20 pages more than a Quicken. Same notarizations, Deed and Sig/Name Afd. and my fee is way more than $100.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 4/24/13 7:25pm
Msg #467016

If they delete my profile, I will be OK. I have not heard from TS since January 2013 and I am surviving without them.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.