Notary Rotary
Full Moon and EOM
Notary Discussion History

Full Moon and EOM
Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by ToniK on 4/26/13 7:35am
Msg #467222

Full Moon and EOM

Yikes last night was crazy. I held out and got 3 last minutes.

First loan was with a Sr & Jr. OMG people really need to start using the Sr & Jr. So ID said John Harry Doe (that was Jr) and John H Doe (Sr). Docs has John H Doe (jr claim that was for him) and John Doe (for Sr). Signature Name Affidavit had John H Doe (for Sr) and John Doe (for Jr). Two guys said NOPE thats wrong.

Second loan was a bit more interesting. Guy initially was supposed to sign his loan 2 days ago. But it went awry when the notary showed up. Well actually it wasnt a notary that showed up. Guy said some kid showed up with a stack a papers and just told him to sign and english was not his first language. Then the kid starts to text and take phone calls from his friends. When the BO asked about some documents the kid said he is just a notary and cant explain anything. So the BO was a bit skeptical about signing anything. So the kid calls some other guy (BO said sounded just like the kid, same language/accent) and the guy says the BO needs to sign that day or else the loan wont fund. BO states that neither person would give him their names, no business card was given. Nada. The kid didnt even have a notary stamp. And to top it off BO said the loan was initially set for Wednesday night at 7pm. The kid shows up on Tuesday night at 830p, BO wasnt home but he got a phone call saying they were at his home. Then they come back Wednesday night but 2 hours past the scheduled time. BO was skeptical of the process when it was rescheduled to tonight. So of course I sat there explaining docs to him, listening to his horror story, talk about how this process was started in Nov 2012 and he is very upset at the lender and title company. He wanted to choose his own settlement agent so he could get a discounted title reissue rate BUT the lender dragged their feet on the process and he was unable to get the approval from the lender to use his own Agent. So this signing took about 90 mins. Luckily he was the last one of the day! I didnt get home till 12am!!!

So Im wondering if the kid was doing the signing for someone else and that the real hired notary was out doing a closing elsewhere had the kid close this loan and then the notary would acknowledge and stamp when the docs returned to him....WOW!! Just WOW!!!

Reply by jba/fl on 4/26/13 7:49am
Msg #467225

This is related to another message below

Msg #467202

Reply by 101livescan on 4/26/13 8:33am
Msg #467233

Yikes, Toni, was this through a signing service? Crazy. What's our business coming to? A bunch of amateurs have entered the race to month end? Good thing you showed up.

My end of month was the best all year. I had a signing with the manager of a local real estate firm, and he said one of his offices in Bozeman, Montana had the busiest month ever in history in April.

It's an epidemic!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.