Notary Rotary
Great Lakes Notary - Ink change
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by Roadie_MD on 4/8/13 3:26pm
Msg #464960

looking over everything from one earlier today, see that they want only the signatures in blue, but wanted black ink for all printing and corrections. Needless to say, I filled in 95% of it at the borrower's home and now I'm wondering if it's worth worrying about. My gut tells me to just send it in the way it is. Any personal experience with this situation would be appreciated. thanks.

Reply by Lee/AR on 4/8/13 3:45pm
Msg #464967

I had that happen during an inadvertent 'candlelight' signing and just sent it back as it stood. Not a word was said. SS wasn't GL Notary, tho'. There was a thread on this a few pages ago.

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 4/9/13 10:50am
Msg #465060

It's a MI thing ...

Legend has it that on a bad hair day, MI recording clerks will reject instruments that have any printing - including hand-printing - that is NOT done with black ink.

I've read postings from folks who insist they've experienced this first hand. When I was in lending, I personally saw tens of thousands of recorded instruments with hand-printing done with blue ink.

You pick. I conform - print with black ink, so as to make everyone just settle down.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.