Notary Rotary
Help on notarizing a 2nd property in a different county
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by Dan Holt on 4/15/13 2:20pm
Msg #465790

I have a signing where the property is locatedin a different county. My understanding is I must write in the county and state that i am physically holding the signing. This is what I did. Title is now coming back at me saying I should not have crossed out the county where property is located. I should have left the docs alone. appreciate the respone.

Reply by ikando on 4/15/13 2:28pm
Msg #465793

I've gotten into the habit of only crossing out venue directly above my notarial wording. I know that some deeds have a venue at the beginning of the document which would be more related to the location of the property. If there is no other venue in the document, I will write where I am directly above the notarial wording. I've had not issues doing it that way.

Reply by Buddy Young on 4/15/13 2:34pm
Msg #465795

On your notorial certificate write in the county and state where you are in. Only on notorial certificates, leave all other docs alone.

Reply by Dan Holt on 4/15/13 2:37pm
Msg #465796

I should clarify. I only changed the county on docs that needed to be notaried. Just above my signature. Title called me back and said that was ok now. So I guess its a non issue.

Reply by John E. Rogers on 4/15/13 3:06pm
Msg #465799

It is a good point though; many docs have the state and county at the beginning of the doc but not on the notary certificate; if the actual address follows, I usually leave it alone and add the S and C on the notary certificate and indicate "SS". This has not created any problems for me anyway. jer/oh

Reply by MW/VA on 4/15/13 3:12pm
Msg #465802

Sounds like it was the tc that was confused & glad it got

ok'd as is.
I do this all the time. I often change it on the docs (such as an Affidavit that says they are swearing to such & such) since it's more about their physical location than the property location. BTW, I've never had anyone have any issues with it & I do many signings that are in different locations from the property address.

Reply by Dan Holt on 4/15/13 3:35pm
Msg #465809

Re: Sounds like it was the tc that was confused & glad it got

Seems like a lot of lenders want zero cross outs. TC seem to be on edge about this. The unnamed TC has been great to work with and has great ratings. Just a mix up that was corrected. thank you for all the responses.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.