Notary Rotary
Hospital Signing
Notary Discussion History

Hospital Signing
Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by Shan/CA on 4/29/13 10:31pm
Msg #467778

Hospital Signing

I have to do a signing and I was told that I will have to gown up for "the clients protection, not mine." I remember those days when my son was ill. My question is should I hand carry the bare necessities, and avoid taking my briefcase, so I don't risk exposing her to anything? Lord knows our briefcases come in contact with all sorts of stuff.
TIA

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/29/13 10:52pm
Msg #467780

Yep...that would be a thoughtful thing to do. Sterilize the pens and put them in a baggie, etc. You are kind for doing this.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 4/29/13 11:34pm
Msg #467785

Good idea!

I've done only one of those before. I left my purse in the car and only brought my notary case and keys. After I removed my notary stamp and journal, I left the rest of it by the nurse's station outside of her room (fortunately just across from the patient's room). I still had to have her sign the journal and get a thumbprint, but she was able to use an antiseptic lotion right after to avoid any issues. Your idea is probably even better.

Reply by Shan/CA on 4/30/13 12:07am
Msg #467787

Re: Good idea!

Thank you ladies so much!!!

Reply by Exclusive Mobile Notary on 4/30/13 12:48am
Msg #467791

Outside of the room will be a cart. These carts contain the gowns, gloves and wipes. I take in the book, a pen and thumbprint pad. Once I get the signature on the docs and in my book, I step back outside, use the wipes to clean the book, pens and print pad.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 4/30/13 1:04am
Msg #467793

In this case, it might be a good idea to clean them on the way in... but good info!

Reply by jba/fl on 4/30/13 9:50am
Msg #467824

Best tip, EMN. That is what I have done: coming and going. n/m

Reply by Shan/CA on 4/30/13 5:04pm
Msg #467923

Re: Best tip, EMN. That is what I have done: coming and going.

I cleaned everything prior to entry (and exiting) and she was so appreciative. After the very brief signing I actually stayed and talked to her and the husband for about 20 mins, she has a very aggressive form of AML (a form of leukemia). As I have mentioned before, my son is a leukemia survivor (10 yrs). The husband gave me a $20 tip which I refused and they both insisted I take, because "I didn't have a problem gowning up, and he had to change the time twice."

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.