Notary Rotary
I should have looked them up!!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by ca/fl on 4/27/13 12:54pm
Msg #467426

DMN Business Solutions....I hadn't heard of them before!!! Started calling me with some low low fees....she was in a bind so I helped her out...she started calling and hasn't stopped. So today I wanted to look them up...I find I should have looked them up a long time ago!!!!!!!!!!! I will not do any other signings for her until I get paid for these!!!! It's not time for her to pay yet, but when it comes time, I want what I worked for and I hope I get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!But not from the reviewsFrown

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 4/27/13 1:18pm
Msg #467429

Your post is a great warning to others!

Why do you think she "was in a bind"? That's code for: We can't find anybody who'llo take our jobs anymore becauseWhenever anybody you don't know says that, it's because they can't find anybody who'll take their jobs anymore.

Reply by ca/fl on 4/27/13 1:21pm
Msg #467430

That will be my first clue next time!!!! I was driving when she called, my mind was busy....lol.....I'm going to catch that next time!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 4/27/13 1:24pm
Msg #467431

Woops. Posted too fast.

Your post is a great warning to others.

Why do you think she "was in a bind"? That's code for: We can't find anybody who'll will take our jobs anymore (because we don't pay)! These people are not your friend, and your job is not to "help them out." You are not a charity. You're running a business.

Most important, why would you even consider working for these creeps even in the unlikely event you ever get paid for the ones you've done already?

Another lesson: It's OK (sorta) to take one job, but look them up right away! And either turn it back .... but certainly don't get on the hook for three more! Yikes!

I just don't get it.. But good luck!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/27/13 1:40pm
Msg #467432

Also, Carla - do yourself another favor...

fix your website. The website on your profile does not exist. Get a good working website and you'll probably see an increase in work - from GOOD companies not in a bind. Smile

Reply by 101livescan on 4/27/13 2:08pm
Msg #467438

Yep, we're all sitting ducks unless we take the initiative to investigate these companies. Three stars and under are a huge gamble. If their reputation precedes them, don't even waste your breath. I hope you get paid.

Is this one of those 45 BUSINESS DAYS when you're supposed to be paid. That's just absurd.

Reply by ToniK on 4/27/13 2:26pm
Msg #467441

2 red flags for me

1) low low fees
2)in a bind

I get companies in a bind all the time. Prime example is last minute EOM. I got paid $190, $225 for "in a bind", "we cant find anyone available". Just cuz a company is in a bind and "can you help me out" request doesnt mean Ill discount my services. You dont see any other businesses discounting services cuz you are in a bind.

Example of CEO vs employee mentality.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/27/13 2:49pm
Msg #467443

Good thoughts Toni

Compare to the plumber or electrician who has to come out on a weekend or evening/night - they know you're "in a bind" - price goes up, not down.

Reply by 101livescan on 4/27/13 3:12pm
Msg #467445

Re: Good thoughts Toni

Amen! I performed fewer signings this month comparatively, but more fee per file last week due to last minute, need to be signed TODAY!

Reply by Frank/NC on 4/27/13 3:16pm
Msg #467447

I don't know if this will help the next time. However, I printed out the list of companies and their ratings from this site and keep it in my bag. If I get a call from a company that I'm not familiar with, if I can't stop, and they agree to the price, I will agree to the job. I then pull over the first chance I get, check them out and if they're nog good I have no ill feelings calling back and turning the job down. Also, no ill feelings telling them why.

Reply by RIcloser on 4/27/13 5:52pm
Msg #467465

I have a copy in my car, in my briefcase, by the phones in my home and at my office.

Reply by HisHughness on 4/27/13 4:37pm
Msg #467457

I don't know this company, but I think it is poor form ...

... to blast them before they have had the opportunity pay you on time. Yes, they are low-ballers, but you accepted the closing based on that fee, so you are equally culpable for that.

Reply by Lee/AR on 4/27/13 4:46pm
Msg #467460

Agree. Also not good business decision to accept low

fee to 'help 'em out'. Please act like an IC next time.

Reply by desktopfull on 4/27/13 6:24pm
Msg #467468

I agree. n/m

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 4/27/13 8:51pm
Msg #467474

Re: I agree.

Carla..You took the assignment without doing your research..But whats worse you took the low fee..regardless..You are one of the reasons these low bawlers are out there..You said yes..I have no sympathy NSAs that take these low fees from the low life companies!

Reply by ca/fl on 4/28/13 1:19pm
Msg #467529

Re: I agree.

I will NEVER make the same mistake again........I am printing out several copies of companies I will be able to see quickly........NO MORE LOWBALLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply by Harper - Issac on 6/1/13 11:25pm
Msg #472000

ca/fl have you gotten paid from DMN BUS SOL yet, I have not and they shorted me by two (of five closing) in a response to my email on 06/01/2013 saying they only show three closing during a pay period of 3/25 to 4/25/13 and here it is first of June and I still have not gotten paid. As soon as I do I will not be doing business with them ever again. They can't keep up with what you've done and so far pays to slow.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.