Notary Rotary
In reference to an ON docs post below
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by HSH/WA on 4/28/13 12:03pm
Msg #467514

I have not found that the BO actually reads the ON docs and calls his/her LO for questions and is now "ready to sign." I've come to the signing and watch them breaking open the docs for the first time as we sit down at the table. What's been your experience?

Reply by Lee/AR on 4/28/13 12:10pm
Msg #467516

During the Appointment Confirmation call, I suggest that they read their copy (leave the signing copy alone, please!) and, if they have any questions/concerns, call their LO. Most do read it; some don't.

Reply by sueharke on 4/28/13 12:19pm
Msg #467518

This is the first I've heard about this and will be on the lookout it. I think my fees could be dropped if I don't have to print, but amazingly, my minimum fee will be the same whether I have to print docs or not.

Reply by HSH/WA on 4/28/13 12:37pm
Msg #467523

Re: On average my print cost is around $15 per package

(two sets) not including time but considering paper, toner, drum and wear and tear on the printer itself. Back to ON docs, the LO will have to make sure the BO has all the requirements called for in the docs ie IDs, Funds, wiring info, 10 year history etc. IMO some LOs are relying on the NSA to make up for their lack of communication and inform the BO what is needed at closing. With ON docs we will not know ahead of time - so the LO will have to speak up. How many time have you been the one to tell the BO he/she needs to provide a check at closing?

Reply by pdl/cali on 4/28/13 2:10pm
Msg #467535

Re: On average my print cost is around $15 per package

I dont mind ON docs, its easier for us, not having to worry about print, just show up and sign, But, I dont like the fact that I cannot review the docs first. Usually I am having to insert Ca. certs, on jurats, and acknowledgments. I like to have them already in place when I am signing with the BO.

Reply by desktopfull on 4/28/13 2:39pm
Msg #467542

I would just appreciate the LO letting the borrower know

that their loan had been approved and that their closing had been scheduled.

Reply by Lee/AR on 4/28/13 2:08pm
Msg #467534

Absolutely, Sue. Nothing else changes--just no print/time. n/m

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 4/28/13 3:19pm
Msg #467549

my experience: pkg is usually smaller so less time at table

than the same pkg sent as pdf that I am printing. no reams of notary, escrow instructions or 12 rtc's etc. I do agree the bo rarely has reviewed the docs. still, I like the o/n docs. saves me time, print, consumable like others have said and I find the more of these I do, the more time it frees up to have a life along with being an nsa. I put a premium on my timeSmile

Reply by jba/fl on 4/28/13 4:28pm
Msg #467559

Ditto. And Ditto Lee - tell them when confirming to read the

them over and discuss with LO. You know you aren't getting the docs in advance - so tell them. Be proactive.

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 4/28/13 4:55pm
Msg #467564

Having been in this business long enough

I remember when O/N was the norm (actually remember the first time I was asked to print docs cause they were previously ALL over nighted). The best part was that if the docs weren't at my house by 11 am, very, very unlikely that the job was going to fly for that day and I didn't waste all afternoon and sometimes evening waiting for docs to be posted. You actually could book appointments between an hour and 1-1/2 hours apart. Leave in the morning with a huge arm load of docs and return that evening with a very, very successful day. Even though the fee was less, I still made much, much more money. If we sit around waiting for docs it is costing us time which is money!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.