Notary Rotary
Is there someone on this board working for $50, $60
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by CarolF/NC on 4/23/13 8:11pm
Msg #466862

even 75 or $80 a signing that is willing to share how they make a profit? You can PM me if you like. Several
must have figured it out but I'm stumped.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 4/23/13 8:35pm
Msg #466866

Plenty of NRers are obviously working for those pathetic fees ... but don't expect a whole lot to admit it. Many, many, many of us even happily (greedily?) take jobs from nonpaying, low-paying SSs as long as they pay up front through Paypal, without a care in the world that they are keeping the scumbags in business while other notaries remain unpaid. Usually they defend this practice, saying "I gotta put food on the table." (Like we don't all have to eat? But I digress).

Some may actually admit they take these fees *and* are making a profit because they don't pay for paper, ink, internet, etc., using their employers' equipment and supplies ... or in one case her condo's!

Let us know what you find out, though!

Reply by Kat2857/CA on 4/23/13 9:03pm
Msg #466870

They will see their ignorant ways when they file taxes....

I hope. As long as these "Loan Signing" schools (So. Calif.) are telling people to take on these jobs for cheap until they get some signings under their belt, what they don't realize is when they tell people to do that they have no faith in their teachings. I took one of those "classes" and I know better.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 4/23/13 9:10pm
Msg #466871

Well GG is mostly correct. They have employers , other home

based businesses, company vehicles and so on. Their expenses are covered. That's how they do this cheap and put us out of business.

Reply by John Tennant on 4/23/13 9:49pm
Msg #466876

A pm from a newbie

Tonight I received a pm from a newbie questioning a pm I previously sent. The newbie wanted to know if my stance on becoming a NSA at this time would be as it is if I knew that ALL of the newbie's expenses were going to be covered outside of the NSA business. There people is your answer on some who are taking the lowball fees. Hopefully this newbie will get "taxed" by the IRS at the max because all income would be profit. (unless there is cheating on the tax return).

Reply by sueharke on 4/24/13 12:22am
Msg #466889

Re: A pm from a newbie

I wonder if we can get a link from NotaryRotary to the SBA and SCORE.... That way we can direct any interested newbie to where to get quality information.

Reply by Lee/AR on 4/24/13 7:15am
Msg #466906

I'm having trouble with this 'logic'

So someone other than the NSA provided everything needed--there is still a cost factor for someone. If newbie has another business then it's robbing from Peter to pay Paul. Or taking from someone to give away as 'charity' to banks--of all places!

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 4/23/13 10:38pm
Msg #466883

I think it's been pointed out that those who work for these low fees are most like Not on this board. Where would they find the time? To make any kind of profit (certainly barely a living wage) they'd need to be in business 24/7. Obviously some hiring party is keeping them very busy . . .

that said, I have tons of upcoming expenses to budget for, incl: Commission renewal this year / new stamps / a new printer / advertising costs / addtl licensing fees / NR membership . . .
What NEXT?

Reply by CaNotary777 on 4/24/13 12:58am
Msg #466891

I think $ 100 is also lowball.. 125 should be minimum

Though I do often work for less

Reply by Resilient/MD on 4/24/13 8:25am
Msg #466908

Re: I think $ 100 is also lowball.. 125 should be minimum

I agree with CaNotary777. $125 should be the minimum. We should at the least get have of what the TC/SS receive. Also, our fee should be separate on the HUD. Hell, we are the one's doing 1/2 the work....printing, driving, closing and sometimes saving the day.....our job is very important....These LO's don't know what the hell they are doing....therefore, they rely on us to save their loan on the pennies we are paid.

Reply by LatteLady/NV on 4/24/13 8:37am
Msg #466911

If I tried to have $125 be my normal fee my phone wouldn't ring. With $100 my phone calls have all but stopped from Notaries Express, Global Notary and barely hanging on with FASS. I have been told I have to lower my fees so I can be amoungst the pool of cheapies who get calls. Believe me, this really ticks me off! There is value in hiring a seasoned notary. When you are new, you have no clue what the heck you are doing.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/24/13 3:01pm
Msg #466965

"With $100 my phone calls have all but stopped from Notaries Express, Global Notary and barely hanging on with FASS"

ummm...might want to reconsider the calibre of companies you work for? This statement says it all.

Reply by Eve/VA on 4/24/13 12:07pm
Msg #466934

$125 is my minimum n/m

Reply by bagger on 4/24/13 11:01am
Msg #466923

I work for $50.00!

General Notary work in my town!

Reply by bigmommy on 5/14/13 9:04pm
Msg #469974

I am a "newbie". my first couple of jobs I charged $75 but quickly learned that I screwed myself big time. WAY too much work for such small pay. I have recently refused jobs that are lowballed. my question is how much should I charge??? i will charge $85+ for very local with no fax backs but even then i'm turning away anyone i doubt to be honest. I don't want to get screwed but I want to be competitive. I am in a small town so fees are what they are. I saw the post for a minimum charge of $125 but I still question 'is that still too low?'. with everything considered, we should charge $500 minimum (in my newbie opinion).

Reply by jba/fl on 5/14/13 10:11pm
Msg #469986

Well, bigmommy -lots of luck with that price! n/m

Reply by loandocs on 6/13/13 12:06pm
Msg #473172

$50.00 or $60.00 is an insult. Those working for this chump change make it hard for the rest of us! No way can there be a profit.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.