Notary Rotary
Just fired a customer
Notary Discussion History

Just fired a customer
Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by JimAZ on 4/26/13 6:35pm
Msg #467346

Just fired a customer

I just fired a good paying customer. Why? Because of continous late docs or cancellations. I turn down other jobs to reserve a time slot for this customer and then sit on my thumb. How did I fire this customer? Raised my fee- let's call the additional fee an aggravation fee if they call again.

Reply by anotaryinva on 4/26/13 6:49pm
Msg #467349

I've done the same

I keep a running list of cancellation companies, it's amazing how many are repeat offenders.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 4/26/13 7:05pm
Msg #467351

Might also think about adding a cancellation fee for signings cancelled within X number of hours, or less, of the appointment (I use 2 hours for mine).

I have found that when I added that, the companies that used me as a place holder while they shopped around got the message and stopped using me as their placeholder NSA. Now, those specific companies either book me or don't even waste my time by calling me any longer, as is the case with 2 of them.

Reply by notary4az2 on 4/26/13 7:36pm
Msg #467353

I have done the same to signing services that repeatedly call me to reserve a signing appointment times and then are late with docs or no docs at all and no call. It especially infuriates me when I have turned down eight other companies for that time slot that pay better and on time who have their docs. I tried the cancellation fee addition but they just ignore it.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 4/26/13 8:03pm
Msg #467355

I think a cancellation fee is a great idea, for those chronic callers that often bail, but you have to tell them up front at the time of the call, not later, when docs aren't ready.

Reply by Barb25 on 4/27/13 6:21pm
Msg #467466

Sometimes it's about more than just money. Enough iis enough n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.