Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just when you thought you'd seen it all FedEX...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by Notarysigner on 4/29/13 8:13pm
Msg #467762

Sat I had a car loan and I was waiting for the FedEX package to arrive B 4 Noon. I had to make a run and returned home at 11:45 and asked my family members if the package had arrived, the answer was no. So I check on my Iphone, put in the tracking # and it said DELIVERED. I freaked out! I asked for and got the Senior route manager. She check and got the same results, in fact as if I was mistaken, she said, "it says here that it was delivered". Well it wasn't AND if it was, it was delivered to the incorrect address I said.

Well while I was on the phone preaching about the decline in service, Lo and behold, the driver pulls up.....with my package. She heard me say, well here he is now. I asked her if she would like to speak to him, she said no then I turned and asked him if he would like to speak to her and he said no also.

I just got off the phone with the head big wig for the San Francisco Bay area and was told there was a meeting this morning with the driver and the union and they would be sending him back for re-training to keep his job.

He wanted to get off a little earlier so he showed all his last ten deliveries completed. WOW!

Reply by hodgy on 4/29/13 9:46pm
Msg #467771

That is interesting but I am a little confused. He wanted to get off early and showed his last 10 deliveries delivered but he still delivered them? How does that benefit him? He is still working and he is still not off early?

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 4/29/13 10:12pm
Msg #467775

I thought FedEx drivers weren't in a union, I know UPS is.

Reply by Notarysigner on 4/30/13 7:32am
Msg #467805

what difference does it make? The FedEX brand is suppose to

be the best, accountable, reliable. What if he had gotten into an accident, they're telling me his log shows the package delivered and I got to prove to them, TC and borrower that I didn't get it!

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 4/30/13 10:55pm
Msg #467953

Re: what difference does it make? The FedEX brand is suppose to

My point was you said you talked to a union rep and I don't think FedEx is unionized so I was
wondering why you said you spoke to a union rep?

Reply by Gregory/CA on 4/29/13 10:12pm
Msg #467776

I wonder if he showed the packages as delivered prior to the commitment delivery time, considering if packages are signed for one minute late, then a refund of the shipping is due. But then, it's only if the shipper is watching for late deliveries to request the refund. I watch for late deliveries and saved my previous company thousands as a result.

Reply by Notarysigner on 4/30/13 7:26am
Msg #467802

Well most packages now days don't req a signature (that cost two dollars more) and the sender doesn't want to pay the extra. He may have been completing has paperwork prior to getting off work, just sitting in their truck on the street.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.