Notary Rotary
Maryland Title Producers Pre-Licensing Course
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by Melisa Bartram on 4/11/13 2:39pm
Msg #465338

I am interested in become a Maryland Title Producer. I see that the MLTA has a course for $545. I have also found an online course at CAPE Education for $199 that they claim is appropriate to pass the state exam. Has anyone used them before? Is the MLTA course the only recommended course? If I can take an online course rather than spend the additional money and drive over an hour to the course site location, that's what I would prefer, of course. But if the only option is the MLTA course, then I will comply. Thank you for any information.

Reply by Art_MD on 4/11/13 4:07pm
Msg #465349

I found the CAPE course covered 90+% of what was on the test.
If you study the material and listen carefully in class, it will be no problem. If I remember correctly, you have 3 hrs for the test. Took 40 minutes. Note: this was 6 yrs ago.

Art_MD

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 4/11/13 5:21pm
Msg #465359

It has been 13 years since I took the test. Recently someone told me their Brother took the test 8 times and still didn't pass it. I know the test has become more difficult. When I took the test I took it from some fly by night and failed it and that was a long time ago. Then I took the MLTA class and passed with flying colors and in much less time then allotted. They hit on everything on the test. If you serious and don't want to waste money on the classes I highly recommend MLTA.

Reply by Resilient/MD on 4/12/13 8:27am
Msg #465420

I honestly can not remember where I took the class and if I took a class. I got licensed in 1996 or 1997 when it was only 50 questions. However, I take all my CPE through CAPE. MLTA is very expensive. I'm ANTI-MLTA.

Reply by Melisa Bartram on 5/1/13 9:02am
Msg #467994

Thank you for your comments. I think I am going to try CAPE.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.