Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
NNA Conference...interesting organization reps....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by John E. Rogers on 4/13/13 10:30am
Msg #465532

I am not attending but found companies represented are somewhat...interesting? (From NR assessments):
1. American Title Co: three.five-star rating; very poor showing since Nov. 2012.
2. Mortgage Connect: two.five-star rating.
3. MortgageDocs: two.five-star rating (being kind considering past year or so).

Perhaps they are trying to improve performance and want NSA's to sign on; or perhaps they just cannot find enough qualified NSA's to work due to problems so are just recruiting NSA's who are willing to put up with low pay, slow pay and so forth. I have done assignments for all of these companies so can relate to the poor ratings.

Several others are good, and several have no info in the NR site.

No doubt you have noticed this also but thought it worth mentioning. I support NNA but question if they are aware of the problems some of their conference reps present for NSA's jer/oh

Reply by 101livescan on 4/13/13 10:55am
Msg #465533

New fresh meat at the NNA, newbies who do not YET know about their ratings. hmmm....well, lots of luck recruiting.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 4/13/13 1:04pm
Msg #465543

Right! Nothing really new there, imo. Seems like those types of companies have long been dependent on the ongoing supply of new "Certified Signing Agents" pumped out by "XYZ" and others to keep them in business. They don't really need to worry about their ratings when they know that the folks who know better probably won't work for them anyway.

Reply by leeinla on 4/13/13 1:08pm
Msg #465544

Re: NNA ....Sad that they have 300,000 members

A very weak organization that is expensive and kind of worthless.

Reply by desktopfull on 4/13/13 11:02pm
Msg #465603

Just curious, why do you support the NNA?

IMHO, they have done everything they can to increase our costs while encouraging those that use our services to reduce their fees for our services (I still have their list of recommended fees, one of the jokes I have hanging on the wall). Meanwhile, they keep companies on their list of contacts for notaries that continually rip them off by not paying them. It took over 8 years to get SOX off of that list. I personally filed several complaints against that company with them in 2002 and they were left on the list for 6 years after I filed my first complaint.

Reply by leeinla on 4/13/13 11:43pm
Msg #465605

Not supporting XYZ.

Got my renewal notice in the mail today. Not renewing. They don't care if notary signing agents make a profit, they just want to profit from notaries.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.