Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
NO joke...*that* bad site appears to be down...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by Marian_in_CA on 4/1/13 3:59pm
Msg #464009

It is a generic GoDaddy page now... heh.

Reply by Frank/NC on 4/1/13 4:12pm
Msg #464011

If perhaps it's not down, I programmed my phone to put what seems to be the major offender, right into e-mail. If we just stop doing their work, they will only have the low ballers to go to anyway.

Reply by jojo_MN on 4/1/13 4:17pm
Msg #464012

That's the screen I was getting yesterday for a while (I'm assuming while making changes). Hopefully it is gone for good this time.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 4/1/13 4:30pm
Msg #464014

What that means is that the domain is "parked" and without a host....or really that the name-servers pointing to the host are changed so that the site is inaccessible. It could be that they are looking for another host because their current one kicked them off after receiving abuse complaints (Go, Carrie!). It could always pop back up on another host... but all of the disappearing content and changes over the weekend may suggest it could just fizzle out.

BTW, I'm not opposed to a website that is geared to rating notaries and/or services, something like Yelp or TripAdvisor. Thing is, in order to make it effective and FAIR it needs a lot of verification and oversight and should not allow for anonymous reviews and should allow or encourage all sides of a story. It also shouldn't be aimed at punishing notaries for supposed bad deeds in retaliation - which is what that site is/was all about. All it did, really, was essentially ruin the reputation of the two signing services that posted. Well, and likely a third, too, based on a certain person's multiple accounts that were exposed over the weekend.

Reply by Jack/AL on 4/1/13 5:59pm
Msg #464024

Awwwwww......... n/m

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 4/1/13 7:07pm
Msg #464034

I wholeheartedly believe the owner of at least the last SS

listed had EVERYTHING to do with that site!

Unless I hear otherwise from them directly I will continue to believe this. They are ALL related and were only out for not only defaming good hard working NSA's, but seeking FREE ADVERTISEMENT!

Scum bags! And if they show up again, I swear to God I will come at them with full force! This time, a letter to their state's Attorney General, BBB, and all other Consumer Advocate agencies.

And you're right Marian, they were NOT FAIR AT ALL to those of us who were defamed! I don't want to go into how they should've done it, but at least on other NSA's sites (hint hint) they do allow for SS/TC's rebuttals as well as praises!

Fair is Fair, and transparency is KEY!

Thanks to any and all NOTROT members that emailed complaints to the various links I posted (sorry).

If we stay in this unison, against the unfair and unjust websites out there, defaming us NSA'S, there is absolutely NOTHING and NO ONE that will get away walking over us!

Kudos to all of you! LOVE YA!

Reply by HisHughness on 4/1/13 8:07pm
Msg #464042

Uh, Carrie...don't relax just yet

Rumor is somebody's starting a website called "BadLatina."

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 4/2/13 5:48am
Msg #464052

Bad Latina...well THAT's not ENTIRELY true...arrrrrrrr...

Wink Watch it Hugh or I'll have to show you! LMAO!

Reply by HisHughness on 4/2/13 9:47am
Msg #464074

I'm sorry, Carrie; my mistake.

It wasn't "BadLatina," it was "NaughtyLatina." You haven't been shopping at Victoria's Secret again, have you?

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 4/1/13 7:00pm
Msg #464033

HELL YES! n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 4/1/13 7:35pm
Msg #464036

It does look like it's gone. Their name is still listed

on the search engines, and Eric's name is still there, too. ???????

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 4/1/13 7:37pm
Msg #464038

Re: It does look like it's gone. Their name is still listed

Well, it will be in the search engines for awhile until it organically falls off. It takes times, sadly. It's not an automatic process.

Reply by Don Courtney on 4/2/13 12:24am
Msg #464050

The best defense...

Is a good offense.

I advertise on about 15-20 websites. Several are free and allow for review comments,
includng Google, Yahoo, Bing, Yelp and 123. Some have filters and most allow for
rebuttals. Some do not, with NR a notable example. If ever there would be a good place for
an accurate, industry standard notary review / comment board, it should probably be here. The alternative at XYZ is a bit scary. Of course, this would become the most unpleasant item in Harry's life.

I decided long ago that is would be a good idea to have many positive reviews just in case I ever get a negative review.

Our on-line image is critical to generating business, the days of a yellow pages ad are gone.
Nobody reads page 3 of google results (at least nobody I want to work for!)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.