Notary Rotary
Nightmare closing last night . . .
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by Karla/OR on 4/26/13 11:40pm
Msg #467376

The wife was psycho!! To name a few: she CONSTANTLY bickered back and forth with her husband - GRABBED documents out of his hand - left the table to go out on the patio to read Deed because she could not concentrate while her husband and I chatted!

She has a legal background and read every document top to bottom, INCLUDING most of the Deed (until she started tiring of it)!!! She questioned most everything, why this, why that.

I know these types can be easily antagonized so I was patient. Was so glad to shut that door behind me!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Any other EOM BO nightmarish stores out there???

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/27/13 8:43am
Msg #467400

Not a nightmare but a "chuckle" moment...

never assume your borrowers are as savvy as they should be..

I had one yesterday afternoon - Mrs. B was a retired bank executive in our local bank - I know her well as she used to call me to do the safe deposit box inventories in her branch. She'd already told me she was well aware of the docs and the requirements. I gave her and her husband a copy of the HUD to review while I filled out my journal and such.

She says "okay, this is wrong right off the bat - we already paid for the appraisal and it's on here" - me thinking she knew exactly what she was talking about I didn't even look - I immediately called title. Title says to me "it's shown POC" - so I look at the HUD - sure enough - appraisal fee POC -

Apologized and thanked title, hung up and told Mrs. B "You're gonna get me in trouble!" - explained it was POC - we laughed over that and the rest of the signing went smoothly.

Never assume...

Reply by Karla/OR on 4/27/13 1:44pm
Msg #467433

Re: Not a nightmare but a "chuckle" moment...

Good advice Linda. I'm having a DUH moment, what is "POC"? Thanks.

Reply by Clem/CA on 4/27/13 1:53pm
Msg #467435

POC = Paid Out Of Closing n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/27/13 2:11pm
Msg #467440

"Paid Outside Closing" n/m

Reply by CopperheadVA on 4/27/13 3:46pm
Msg #467448

I find that people who say they work for a bank or

used to work for a real estate attorney and they indicate that they know all about the docs - in reality they don't know squat! Had that happen so many times!

Reply by Frank/NC on 4/27/13 3:59pm
Msg #467449

Re: I find that people who say they work for a bank or

I have one of those coming up Monday. The borrower is a real estate agent and just talking with her while confirming the appointment was a nightmare. She wanted me to know right up front that she is aware of every document in the package and will review all before signing. OMG I can't wait for this appointment.

Reply by Robert522TX on 4/27/13 4:11pm
Msg #467451

Re: I find that people who say they work for a bank or

Hope she knows you didn't prepare those documents!

Reply by desktopfull on 4/27/13 6:31pm
Msg #467469

One would think that since they work for a bank they would

be able to find a reputable lender to get their loan from in the first place. Some of my worst closings are with real estate attornies, even with the 3 day RTC they feel the need to read every word on every page.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 4/27/13 4:12pm
Msg #467452

Yes they ALWAYS seem to take longer!!!! Good luck! n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/27/13 5:13pm
Msg #467463

See? My closing was just the opposite

I told them "I've seen the docs, know what's there, just keep 'em coming and lets' get this done."

Reply by CopperheadVA on 4/27/13 5:26pm
Msg #467464

You are the exception to the rule! LOL! n/m

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 4/27/13 9:05pm
Msg #467477

Re: You are the exception to the rule! LOL!

I had a similiar closing last week..The BO was an old neighbor. Very nice lady..She said that she works in the loan industry so she is fully aware of the documents. I asked her where she worked ( I dont look at the employment stuff on the 1003. ) She works for a pay day loans place. As we get started it was very apparent that she did not know anything about mortgages..Then she fessed up and admitted these documents were nothing like the documents they use for their loans. I got a chuckle..and she was happy to have someone she was familiar with assist her with this process.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.