Notary Rotary
Noemi (Surname ANONYMOUS), MBA La Verne University
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 4/13/13 10:25am
Msg #465530

Before I go pull some weeds, I want to salute my friend and colleague, someone I helped about 8 years ago to get her notary commission, then to become certified as a loan signing agent on the Central California Coast. Loan signing was not her schtick, however, even though she had a strong mentor. I can understand that. Noemi's husband had left her with five children, going back to Mexico where she could not get a dime of child support. Noemi's children and she struggled to survive in a one bedroom apartment for years, as Noemi worked and supported her church. Her notary work was all volunteer for parishioners, selflessly, without compensation, doing the Lord's service.

Noemi called me last week to tell me she was renewing her commission for the third time this month, and I lent her my study guide. She also called to tell me she just finished her Masters degree and that three of her children are in college, one is out and on the road with a career, only one left at home in high school, the youngest, the one who came to class and slept on the floor while Noemi took the notary class because there was no child care for her. I watched her child while she took the CPS exam. Her class was paid for by the Archdiocese on scholarship basis.

Well, I feel like a mother hen here, because I'm so proud of Noemi, who unlike me, has made very little monetary compensation in this notary profession but has devoted herself to her children, her church and her parishioners and community. She is the business manager for a huge medical facility on the central coast.

I can only say, how wonderful it is to have been such a small part of her life's success and to know this lovely woman and to see how much she continues to give to the universe and to her children.

I salute Noemi's drive, commitment, honor and integrity as a mother, a notary, a human being, and a believer, as well as finding the time for higher education and career goals.

Reply by HisHughness on 4/13/13 11:17am
Msg #465534

What an inspiring -- and awe-inspiring -- story

Thanks for sharing this, Cheryl. This is the very embodiment of the American dream from so many angles.

Character will out.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 4/13/13 1:12pm
Msg #465546

Well said, Hugh - as usual. :>) Couldn't agree more! n/m

Reply by sueharke on 4/13/13 11:39am
Msg #465535

Isn't there an organization or TV station to nominate her as "mother of the year?"

Reply by 101livescan on 4/13/13 7:36pm
Msg #465587

I'm not sure....I'll have to see about that. She is very quiet, and doesn't like a lot of attention. She's a servant of God...money, recognition and accolades are not that important to her. Her faith and her children are the most sacred.

Reply by sueharke on 4/14/13 10:55am
Msg #465622

How about an award that she can use to further her cause of helping people?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.