Notary Registration
Notary Discussion History

Notary Registration
Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by Claudine Osborne on 4/16/13 9:25pm
Msg #465980

Notary Registration

I went to my local county courthouse today to have my Notary
commission recorded. (Thats what we have to do in this county take the new commission certificate and have it recorded) Anyways..As I step off the elevator at the Recorders office there is a sign on the counter that says Notary Registration. I was a little suprised by the sign as our commissions are recorded..So the clerk asks what she can do for me? I decided to mess with her and state that I need to have my commission registered. She got a blank look on her face and said "You mean recorded" Yes I replied. And we start the process.

So here is my issue..If Notary commissions are recorded in the Recorders office why is this sign in the Recorders office wrong?? I am just a tad taken back by this..I take my commission very seriously and I think that this sign should be corrected? Im seriously considering calling the Recorder to discuss this with her.

I know its not such a huge big deal but to me it is the principal of the whole thing. I would like to know what others think?

Reply by Sha/CA on 4/16/13 9:32pm
Msg #465982

I would have asked what Notary Registration is. Why not? n/m

Reply by ToniK on 4/16/13 10:02pm
Msg #465989

Why didn't you say something right then?

Reply by CJ on 4/16/13 11:14pm
Msg #465999

I think notaries are a picky lot. We have to be in order to get 100 pages signed in a timely manner without making any mistakes. The laws that we obey are also picky. I think the person taking our oath should know what their job is. I'm with you. I wonder how many other notaries DON'T notice it.

Reply by HisHughness on 4/16/13 11:15pm
Msg #466000

3 reasons not to worry about that sign.

1. North Korea is about to nuke South Korea.

2. Iran is about to nuke Israel.

3. Lindsey Lohan is going to be released from rehab soon.

There are more pressing issues.

Reply by bagger on 4/17/13 11:06am
Msg #466048

1 more reason.

4. Why aggravate the person who is there to help you?

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 4/17/13 5:49am
Msg #466015

why didn't you tell her she was wrong and you were there

doing what the sign said, and then asked HER why the sign was wrong?

NOW THAT would've been fun! Wink

Reply by jba/fl on 4/17/13 6:27am
Msg #466020

Why didn't you ask while there? That makes the

most sense, to let them know you found it confusing so they could correct it on the spot.(if so inclined)

Reply by MW/VA on 4/17/13 8:29am
Msg #466028

This is one of those things that makes no sense to me.

Why would you bring it here instead of bringing it to their attention?

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 4/17/13 9:14am
Msg #466033

Re: This is one of those things that makes no sense to me.

We got busy with the recording process and I went along my merry way as we were both busy..I know its not a big deal.

Reply by jba/fl on 4/17/13 9:50am
Msg #466037

And of course this is just the way life is...we all have

experienced much the same. Life happens.

Reply by MW/VA on 4/17/13 8:13pm
Msg #466141

Yes, that's so true. I often don't have things catch up in

my thoughts until much after the fact. I'm busy & in today's world we can only process so much info. I keep joking that I needed to be upgraded to a quad-core processor. ;-0 LOL

Reply by BrotherOwner on 4/17/13 5:19pm
Msg #466105

Just another of life's MINOR irritations. We are detail oriented by profession (or just personally), and it's like wanting to fix the pictures that are hanging crooked on a wall. ESPECIALLY if it's ALL the pictures at your friend's home. Oh, the temptations.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.