Notary Rotary
Obamacare Storm
Notary Discussion History

Obamacare Storm
Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by ed_Okla on 4/20/13 2:51pm
Msg #466454

Obamacare Storm

With the healthcare storm headed our way, I have decided to focus primarily on my role as an Health Insurance Broker. Everyone purchasing their own heath insurance needs to be proactive so that your not paying double what you are now for coverage. If you have BC/BS, Golden Rule, or UnitedHealth you are already paying too much an need to contact your local broker. There is ONLY one way to keep your cost low and still have good coverage. Even if you don't live you Oklahoma, contact me and I will help you find a good broker and help you with the questions you need to ask. I am not charging one cent for my help, so don't say this is spam. I will continue to do signings except for FASS or Mortgage docs. My fee is $150 FIRM!!

Reply by HisHughness on 4/20/13 4:34pm
Msg #466471

The 33 million or so who are uncovered or undercovered by health insurance would probably not characterize national health care as a "storm." Instead, my guess is they would all view it as a long-needed refuge.

About the only ones who would view it as a "storm" would be those of a particular political persuasion -- you know, like those who persist in dragging their politics into the Discuss Work forum despite the rules asking them not to do that.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 4/21/13 2:10am
Msg #466505

From an insurance broker standpoint, their certainly will be a storm of new business. That is not a negative comment regarding the expected increase in business (i.e. "a flood of new business").

As independent business people, all of us are already subject to paying higher health insurance premiums with or without Obamacare, because we must purchase our health insurance independently. Premiums are going up now and will continue to increase over the next few years, that's just a fact.

I think the OP is offering his knowledge to people that may not currently have health insurance, as well as those that do, in hopes of helping them to realize ways that they can help reduce health insurance costs, and thus, helping to reduce overhead in their business.

Occasionally, a political post does make its way on the Discuss Work board, IMO, this is not one of them. At least there didn't seem to be any political aspect until you posted your response, followed by one on your side of the political spectrum (which I noticed you didn't ask her to follow the rules) Wink

Reply by HisHughness on 4/21/13 8:20am
Msg #466509

***That is not a negative comment regarding the expected increase in business***

Of course "storm" is not a negative connotation. Katrina did a wonderful job of urban renewal for New Orleans. And ask the Northeast about a couple of their more recent "positive" storms.

Try "Obamacare spring," with all sorts of new opportunities for insurance brokers and lots of new coverage for those in need blossoming nationwide.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 4/22/13 2:13pm
Msg #466621

Even if you don't participate in JP that often any longer, it's nice to see that you still have your political and PC chip on your shoulders, Hugh. Wink

Reply by bagger on 4/21/13 6:45am
Msg #466507

This is not political, but it is advertising IMHO.

Reply by LKT/CA on 4/20/13 4:40pm
Msg #466472

Romneycare Storm - blame Mittens...his model n/m

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 4/21/13 1:53am
Msg #466504

Your record is skipping .... and it should be skipping to JP n/m

Reply by LKT/CA on 4/21/13 5:51pm
Msg #466561

Re: Your record is skipping .... and it should be skipping to JP

I didn't start this thread, I responded to it. If it's a political <in its essence> post here in the Discuss Work section, lecture the OP - not the respondents. HOWEVER....if anyone thinks they can pontificate their political diatribe in THIS section...and no one is to respond because it's here and not over there, they're sorely mistaken. Folks need to pay attention to where they're posting because the replies are where the thread starts.

Reply by ed_Okla on 4/22/13 11:39am
Msg #466608

Re: Your record is skipping .... and it should be skipping to JP

Just trying to give some insight to the mostly self employed people on this forum. I have learned a lot from the folks on here and just wanted to give back.

This is not political.... just factual. It will be good for some and bad for others. If you are a young family paying $400mo in premiums now and it goes up to $700-800mo in 2014, I think you would consider that to be a storm. If you are generally healthy there is a way to lower your premiums and lock them in through December 2014.

I am in Oklahoma and can not broker for the majority of people on this forum. I just want everyone to understand that if you purchase your own insurance you need to be proactive. In October you will receive a government mandated letter from your insurer telling you that your premiums are blowing up. The younger you are the more your premiums will go up.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324557804578374761054496682.html

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 4/22/13 12:40pm
Msg #466613

Glad you understand why I said what I did to you then. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.