Notary Rotary
On low fees and notaries that take those fees
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by CarolF/NC on 4/5/13 8:53pm
Msg #464672

I had a conversation with a very frustrated scheduler from a notorious low pay company who related no one wanted to take their jobs. Once they book the few cheap notaries they are stuck. Also the company goal is to keep 50% of the fee. If we could just exile those few cheap notariesSmile.

Reply by ToniK on 4/5/13 8:55pm
Msg #464674

wow@ them wanting to keep 50% of the fee. They should be ashamed...

Reply by CarolF/NC on 4/5/13 8:57pm
Msg #464677

Yep. They were ratting out the owner. And

probably looking for a new job soon

Reply by Philip Johnson on 4/5/13 9:10pm
Msg #464683

Carol I assume by your tone,

that when car shopping you always pay MSRP. That when buying jeans, Nordstrom's or Macy's is your shop of choice, for to buy from a discounter just ain't right. I also bet you are a yard seller's dream always paying list, never negotiating any money off, to do so would be unseemly.

The problem is you have competition, and like everyone before you who has faced this, they want to ban the competition and clear the field. Not going to happen, there will always be cheaper competition and we have to deal with it.

I'd almost bet there is someone in your neck of the woods who complains about you undercutting them, and wishes to clear the field as well. Not going to happen for them either.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 4/5/13 9:22pm
Msg #464685

Well Philip you know what they say about those who assume n/m

Reply by Philip Johnson on 4/7/13 4:59pm
Msg #464850

Yeah you get a tired old saying thrown back at you. n/m

Reply by Darlin_AL on 4/6/13 1:11pm
Msg #464736

Re: Carol I assume by your tone,

Yesterday when the scheduler accepted my fee quote, she said, "nobody wants to go there & one person wanted $250". I told her it's just as well she got me because I'm happy to go there & I'd done cleanup work after some very unprofessional/incompetent notaries and $xxx is what it takes for me to stay in business! My guess is she was relieved to get someone experienced but reasonable in the price, as our area is very rural w/relatively sparse population.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.