Notary Rotary
Refinance Myself out of Florida NONPAYMENT from 2/18
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by loancloser46 on 4/10/13 7:45am
Msg #465144

Did a loan app for them and was promised by Rachel I would be payed in 30 days. I told her I can not afford to wait until the loan closes months later to be paid for the app. She and Scott Goldstein will not respond to emails or voice messages. LO called back yesterday and said I'd be paid and promised to call me back and never did. Piss poor way to treat people, very low class way to conduct business.

Reply by MW/VA on 4/10/13 8:23am
Msg #465147

I was in the same position & was calling & sending emails.

I later got an email explaining that the managers had locked out the owner & diverted funds into their own accts. I was told that Rachel & others were submitting the invoices, but had no idea they weren't being paid. Apparently the managers never intended to pay the notaries, and the owner is trying to get everyone paid.

Reply by HisHughness on 4/10/13 9:10am
Msg #465151

This is one I've never heard before

***I later got an email explaining that the managers had locked out the owner & diverted funds into their own accts.***

Reply by Les_CO on 4/10/13 9:19am
Msg #465153

Re: I was in the same position & was calling & sending emails.

Sounds like a plan…let’s see the ‘owner’ has no idea what’s going on with his business, he doesn’t have keys to the office, he has given some ‘managers’ the ability to wright checks on his account, he never checks his bank balance, and it ain’t his fault if someone that works/worked for him cheated the people his business contracted with. Well….unless he’s running the ‘business’ from inside some correctional facility, and his ‘managers’ got out before him, he has no excuse. If he is, he needs to change the ‘business’ name and carry on! JMO

Reply by sueharke on 4/10/13 10:47am
Msg #465174

Re: I was in the same position & was calling & sending emails.

I've seen a similar situation where the owners' trust a manager to run the business and not run the business directly. From prior experience as an auditor, this is a nightmare scenario for the owner as the taxing agencies go after the owners' for the actions of their agent, the manager. Many times this happens because the owner "trusts" the manager and this is a big mistake. As it was said of X-Files, "Trust no-one" is the right philosophy! This is how fraud happens in a business.

I don't know if the owners are telling the truth or not, but having seen this happen, I would accept their explanation as really happening.

Reply by MW/VA on 4/10/13 10:56am
Msg #465180

There's no reason not to accept what he said. There are a

lot of notaries involved, and they are working to get everyone paid. It's not like they're just blowing everyone off with a new excuse, like I think Hugh is suggesting. I was responding to the OP, and letting them know what transpired.

Reply by MW/VA on 4/10/13 10:56am
Msg #465181

check your p/m n/m

Reply by Luckydog on 4/10/13 5:42pm
Msg #465262

Learned many years ago, I do not do loan apps. #1 you have to wait until the loan closes typically to get paid along with your signing fee, and if it doesn't good luck chasing that loan app fee down, and #2 takes the client forever to find his pay stubs, tax forms, past employment history together to get to you. None are ever ready with that stuff in hand. Typically nothing to notarize, do not see the need for us to even go, except to put pressure on client to go through with filling it out the paper work while you sit and wait. Not worth the time and effort and aggravation chasing payment.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.