Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
The nose of the camel just poked into the tent.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 4/16/13 11:22pm
Msg #466003

From an earlier thread:

***What ss r they using besides JMT?***

Please please please: If you tweet, or twit, or twitch, or whatever that thing is called with 144 characters, DON'T drag that kind of text into NotRot. I will be inclined to seek out your lair, and hunt you down like a rabid dog if you do that to this forum. I'm 76 years old, and I figure if I can get a real jury of my peers -- oldephartz -- they will understand why I would react that way, and there's no way I would be convictied. Hell, throw in a couple of English majors on the jury, and they would probably give me a medal.

No what Im sayin?

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/17/13 12:16am
Msg #466006

Hear, hear! It needed to be said. n/m

Reply by Belinda/CA on 4/17/13 1:15am
Msg #466007

I am not old enough for your club but I sure do agree. Glad you brought it up!

Too many abbreviations as well. It is getting more difficult to read posts.

We should not have to decipher post contents or ask people what they are abbreviating. Surely a few more keys strokes are not taxing anyone's fingers too much. K?

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 4/17/13 5:37am
Msg #466013

Bravo to ya all

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 4/17/13 5:47am
Msg #466014

If I'm posting using my phone, and not my computer, the text

style of um, "writing", is preferred because it is difficult to "type" on a cell phone.

But I totally understand what the majority is saying here. Perhaps someone should post a list of all the text language currently used.

I thought someone posted this already about a year ago. If I have time, I'll post the latest text acronyms soon.

Hugh you are only as young as long as you can still read...well, hell ANY letters, no? LOL! Smile

Reply by jba/fl on 4/17/13 6:17am
Msg #466016

If I'm posting using my phone, voice to text is available

I'm close to Hugh's age, and if I can learn it, you youngsters should have it mastered by now. My smart phone barely has smarts, yet I do have this feature. So many of those I know have it also and don't use it. It is the easiest to master...short learning curve while you and the "voice" get in sync, then after that, it is a breeze.

There are some here that use such fractured language that I just ignore. I'm not in a teaching through interpretation mode and I really don't care if I were to be the only one with a particular insight and/or AHA moment, why bother if the other party can't get their sh... together.

Anyway, this is business we are discussing - how much do you want to be misunderstood?

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 4/17/13 6:26am
Msg #466019

...voice to text is NOT available on all cell phones though. n/m

Reply by bagger on 4/17/13 7:38am
Msg #466026

Dangnabit

This here new-fangled way of communikatin is just gonna be the ruination of us all.
You young uns, just mark my words here.
I saw it happen with that there rock and roll music, just led us all down the path of evil!
Yessir I tell ya, this here textin stuff is gonna be the end of civilizashun as we know it!

Reply by bagger on 4/17/13 7:26am
Msg #466025

Texting acronyms for seniors.

* ATD - At the Doctor's

* BFF - Best Friends Funeral

* BTW - Bring the Wheelchair

* CBM - Covered by Medicare

* CUATSC - See You at the Senior Center

* DWI - Driving While Incontinent

* FWBB - Friend with Beta Blockers

* FWIW - Forgot Where I Was

* FYI - Found Your Insulin

* GGPBL - Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low

* GHA - Got Heartburn Again

* HGBM - Had Good Bowel Movement

* IMHO - Is My Hearing-Aid On?

* LOL - Living on Lipitor

* OMMR - On My Massage Recliner

* OMSG - Oh My! Sorry, Gas

* ROFL...CGU - Rolling on the Floor Laughing...Can't get Up!

* TTYL - Talk to You Louder

* WAITT - Who Am I Talking To?

* WTFA - Wet the Furniture Again

* WTP - Where're the Prunes

* WWNO - Walker Wheels Need Oil

Reply by 101livescan on 4/17/13 8:43am
Msg #466030

Re: Texting acronyms for seniors.

I have so much to learn. Hope I can still connect the dots when I'm an OLDEPHARTE as you put it, Hugh, and can remember all these acronyms. Lordomercy, we're expected to do so much in your twilight years...what happened to "winding down" instead of "winding up" with all these new texting skills. WTF! Where's the f-key?

YIKES!

Reply by Heddakate on 4/17/13 1:42pm
Msg #466066

Re: Texting acronyms for seniors.

LMAO!!!! Thanks for posting Bagger. Such a great sense of humor you'd think we are related

Reply by Belinda/CA on 4/17/13 6:36pm
Msg #466124

Oh great. Now we have to look up a chart. WWRKS? n/m

Reply by Belinda/CA on 4/18/13 10:38am
Msg #466204

Did not mean to say abbreviations. Meant acronyms. RRWSER. n/m

Reply by Jessica/FL on 4/17/13 2:31pm
Msg #466071

I "know" what you are saying. :) n/m

Reply by BrotherOwner on 4/17/13 5:02pm
Msg #466101

Re: The nose of the camel just poked into the tent. WHEW....

I'm just glad it's the nose of the camel, NOT the other end in the tent. Too many oldpartz in this thread already. I agree with Hugh completely.

Reply by VT_Syrup on 4/17/13 8:09pm
Msg #466139

FB OM

which are century-old telegraphy abbreviations for "fine business old man". Abbreviations in electronic text are nothing new. And to make this signing-agent related, the earliest cases recognizing legally enforceable electronic signatures involved telegrams.

Also, I'm not commenting on Hugh's age. In telegraphy, there are only three kinds of people: OM (old man), YL (young lady) and XYL (ex-young lady, that is a married lady).

Reply by Jodith/WA on 4/17/13 11:05pm
Msg #466159

*laughs* My sentiments exactly. I even text in complete sentences. I just cannot make myself use all the acronyms. Even my emoticons are written out *giggles*.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 4/20/13 4:20pm
Msg #466470

Bagger, I'm laughing out loud here....alone...my dog is looking at me funny.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.