Timios $80?? Are you accepting this?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by KarenVentura on 4/29/13 12:09pm
Msg #467655

Is this a fair price??
Seems like it is lower that what I am normally seeing?

Here is what their new contract states.

Pricing: (Please note that Timios assigns closing vendors based on ranking within our software system. Ranking is
based on performance and pricing.
In order to be ranked in our highest tier you must agree to meet the prices within
our guidelines for your county and state. Our national average for email closing is $80. )
Notary Enrollment:
I agree to Timios’ preferred notary pricing of $80
per e-mail closing: Yes _____ No* _____.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 4/29/13 12:20pm
Msg #467657

I'm not but then they don't call me n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/29/13 12:25pm
Msg #467658

"within our guidelines for your county and state"

I'd love to see the formula they, or any company, uses for this ridiculous statement

Reply by CarolF/NC on 4/29/13 12:39pm
Msg #467659

Linda, I have been told its based on what others accept

in the same area

Reply by JPH13/MO on 4/29/13 12:45pm
Msg #467660

Which is why I get maybe 4 a year from them - $xxx n/m

Reply by Yoli/CA on 4/29/13 12:54pm
Msg #467663

Have done 4 in 2013 for them.

2 in January; 2 in February; each one for same $XXX.00

Guess they do go for minimum fees first. Frown

Reply by Luckydog on 4/29/13 2:39pm
Msg #467688

Re: Have done 4 in 2013 for them.

You tell them what your standard fee is...not what they are willing to pay. It's YOUR business, not theirs. That is way too low unless a cash closing.

Reply by leeinla on 4/29/13 12:45pm
Msg #467661

Timios $80??

They called me and the scheduler said we start at $80. Well, I end at $xxx.00.
Maybe the got the order filled. Just don't complain when the loan does not fund because of notary errors.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/29/13 12:46pm
Msg #467662

So it has nothing to do with the expense involved,

the quality of work or the expertise brought to the signing table - it's all based on the cluelessness of notaries who don't know their self-worth or how to price themselves and their services correctly.

Yeah..that works....jeesh

Reply by ToniK on 4/29/13 12:58pm
Msg #467665

No wonder they only call me once in a blue moon n/m

Reply by Lisa Cirillo on 4/29/13 1:02pm
Msg #467666

Re: No wonder they only call me once in a blue moon

Hmmm, explains why I haven't heard from them in a while. I've done some work for them $xxx. They meet my fee and pay on time. Too bad they've gone to the dark side of lowering fees to get signings done. They'll get what they pay for......

Reply by janCA on 4/29/13 1:25pm
Msg #467669

Just did one for them for 125. They offered 100 and I counteted. It's an escrow company. If they can't afford to pay at the very least 125, they shouldn't be in business.

Reply by KarenVentura on 4/29/13 1:34pm
Msg #467670

They pay attorneys $200

Reply by Luckydog on 4/29/13 2:41pm
Msg #467690

We are not attorneys nor paid the expense they do to go to law school. You cannot compare rates with them.

Reply by KarenVentura on 4/29/13 3:22pm
Msg #467697

Sorry Luckydog, that was not intention to "compare" was just stating it. I really dont know if that is even a fair rate for attorneys.

Reply by BobtheElder on 4/29/13 7:23pm
Msg #467750

Heck, I've never even heard of them...
I charge my base fee, with no exceptions, so offers that low eventually quit calling me.

Reply by NJDiva on 4/29/13 8:44pm
Msg #467766

They've never offered me anything less than $XXX but

as has been mentioned, I've not heard too much from them lately. I did one last week and hadn't heard from them in forever before it. Maybe they have the fee's you get paid in your profile?

This is the problem with all this lowballing and undercutting! Do you see how these very reputable companies are becoming lowballers. People don't even NEED to low ball and undercut themselves. THAT'S the thing. They will pay you the higher fee without becoming bottom of the barrel scum suckers. gsshhhh

Reply by Rose/TX on 6/17/13 4:08pm
Msg #473684

I looked them up on Signing Central, they had 4-5 stars, who were these "lucky" people that gave them that rating?

They called me recently on a Friday to perform a signing for Monday morning at 11:00 am, they met my fee (yayyy....or so I thought) Monday at 8:00 am I start calling because docs did not arrive during the weekend as I was told they would :-( I'm in TX they are in CA, so now there is a time zone issue. Got a voice message with generic instructions, I was not given a contact name or number on my confirmation sheet. Left messages and continued to dial them every half hour. FINALLY at 10:30 am I get someone to pick up, they tell me someone there is going to call me because docs are not ready yet. 11:00 am still no docs, and no call back from anyone there. By this time I know we're not going to sign, so I leave it alone and continue with my day. At 2:45 PM I get a call from the scheduler asking if I will do this same closing for Thursday in the evening. Earlier I was miffed, by now I have calmed myself down and told the guy I was not advised of ANY CHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS!!! He apologized and still asked if I could close these borrowers later this week. I told him absolutely NOT, I run a business and the way they run theirs is very unprofessional, and their lack of communication with the notaries is unacceptable.

So those who gave this company 4-5 stars I'm happy for you but in my opinion they did not perform up to those standards. I work with many other companies and they have ALWAYS notified me either by email or phone if there are any changes/complications/delays or even cancellations. Most companies expect professionalism and communication from the notaries they contract with, we as business owners should expect the same from them. Is this asking too much??

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.