Notary Rotary
Took that vacuous Title Source course & quiz
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 4/21/13 11:19am
Msg #466522

Had a question about the query on using a borrower's bathroom.

Does functioning with a 76-year-old bladder constitute "dire straits?"

Reply by Lee/AR on 4/21/13 11:24am
Msg #466523

Quintessentially so. n/m

Reply by sueharke on 4/22/13 8:23pm
Msg #466663

Re: Quintessentially so.

I was taught a long time ago not to use common sense when answering test questions (such as the one being described in this topic). Always give the answer the test giver wants, even if it does not make sense in real life.

Reply by Grammyzoom on 4/21/13 11:34am
Msg #466524

Was it multiple choice?

Bathroom or signing table??

Answer: It just Depends

Reply by DebraOro/CA on 4/21/13 11:46am
Msg #466526

Uh,,,,is it bad to ask to use the bathroom?

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/21/13 12:13pm
Msg #466528

Re: Took that vacuous Title Source course & quiz n/m

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/21/13 12:20pm
Msg #466531

Oops. Meant to say 'not with an old bladder like mine...' n/m

Reply by HisHughness on 4/21/13 12:14pm
Msg #466529

***Uh,,,,is it bad to ask to use the bathroom?***

Well...only if you leave the seat up throughout.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 4/21/13 12:26pm
Msg #466533

"Uh,,,,is it bad to ask to use the bathroom?"

How do you feel about a complete stranger, for example the cable person, coming into your home and ask to use your bathroom?

Always best to go into a fast food place, Fedex, Starbucks (all these are usually clean) and use those facilities before getting to your next assignment. Use borrower's bathroom as a last recourse and absolute necessity.

JMO

Reply by DebraOro/CA on 4/22/13 4:12pm
Msg #466635

Re: "Uh,,,,is it bad to ask to use the bathroom?"

As a matter of fact, the young man that came to clean and maintain my furnace was here over two
hours. I offered him water and coffee, and showed him where the restroom was. We are only human.

Reply by Notarysigner on 4/21/13 1:16pm
Msg #466535

I wouldn't. There plenty of places to go in route. First of all, I always allow enough time to get to my appoint. When I'm close, there's usually fast food places, Kinko's, office depot, supermarkets, no need to bother borrower. When signing is over, the process is reversed, easy to find someplace.

Reply by Kay/IL on 4/23/13 1:00pm
Msg #466731

LOL @ Granny zoom....cute response n/m

Reply by A S Johnson on 4/21/13 12:19pm
Msg #466530

What business to a signing service is it that we ask to use a restroom at the signing house?
I personally don't ask to use the , but..... It the same for beverages, water, coffee etc. I don't when offered as I do not want liquids in the signing area, I've has to start a signing over because of spilt liquids.

Reply by 101livescan on 4/21/13 12:25pm
Msg #466532

In an emergency, what's worse? Pissing yourself, or using the client's powder?

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 4/21/13 6:28pm
Msg #466571

Very Good Cheryl :>}

Reply by Barb25 on 4/21/13 12:44pm
Msg #466534

I hope we would all agree when we take these "quizes"

we are answering "what we would/should do in normal circumstances." There are of course "emergencies." I would prefer not to use a bathroom in a borrowers home. I would prefer that a service person did not use a bathroom in my home. It is not expected. There are items in my medicine cabinet. Things that are "laying around." Whatever. It is awkward. But on the otherhand. When I think of the alternative in either case. Use of the bathroom: The Winner.

Same for taking a Drink.... If I were to be choking, I would welcome a glass of water. But quite frankly, in my house when people are doing work I offer coffee, a coke, ice tea. And and and happy to provide.

Must say there are some signings that I have done I wish I had a flask... Only kidding... Hmm. Smile

Reply by Notarysigner on 4/21/13 1:19pm
Msg #466536

Re: I hope we would all agree when we take these "quizes"

I always bring my own water to..they have those little 4 oz. bottles, just enough to get you through.

Reply by sanjqnvly on 4/21/13 3:52pm
Msg #466547

Re: I hope we would all agree when we take these "quizes"

I NEVER take anything from BO cured from this early on

Reply by snoopdogMs on 4/21/13 4:25pm
Msg #466552

Having been an agent for 6 years, I one time

went to an assignment and must have had food poisoning that finally needed to erupt. This was about the time we sat down at the table. It was either their chair or their bathroom. I never ask to use the bathroom but I would have exploded right at the table had I not asked to use their bathroom. There was no white noise in the house to mask the eruption that occurred in the bathroom. When I came out, the Ms. asked did I have enough toilet paper. I had to make two more trips. I profusely apologized but there was no other option.

Reply by Barb25 on 4/21/13 6:13pm
Msg #466564

Well, there you go.

That is one of those emergencies I was talking about. But in all honesty that was a hell of a time for her to be asking you if you had enough toilet paper. Smile

Reply by zebbienc on 4/22/13 6:57am
Msg #466585

I haven't received a test from Title Source...Should I contact them? I do quite a bit of business with them...

Reply by CopperheadVA on 4/22/13 8:18am
Msg #466590

No, just wait - I received mine about a month after it first

got posted on this chat board.

Reply by janCA on 4/22/13 9:51am
Msg #466597

Re: No, just wait - I received mine about a month after it first

It's really not a test per se, but more about "common sense".

Reply by BobbiCT on 4/22/13 10:24am
Msg #466602

These questions beg the question ....

What on earth happened that a company has to Quiz its professional independent contractors with these questions?

You youngsters in this industry may not remember the famous Notice / Warning that went out years ago:

"Women must wear bras and no shorts to appointments."

Picture that one NaNa LOL

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/22/13 10:38am
Msg #466603

I don't remember that warning - probably before

my time - but I was in law firms for 25 years in CT - you learn a certain degree of professionalism doing that - wearing jeans on Friday was a real treat!! But you dressed like a professional at all other times.

These common sense issues were not an issue then - and the discipline carried over to my own business here in Florida - there's just a certain propriety you maintain in this type of business - for me it's a given.

I, too, am concerned about the calibre of signing agents that prompted this quiz.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/22/13 1:58pm
Msg #466619

*That* was too funny, Bobbi. Thanks. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.