What are "Borrowers Instructions"
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by Randy Crawford on 4/30/13 7:39pm
Msg #467939

Hello,

Can someone help me understand what "Borrowers Instructions" are? While I know the borrower didn't actually come up with the instructions, it looks like these instructions are actually "from" the borrower. But to who? And other than telling the borrower that these are the instructions from them to (who?), is there anything else I need to know or pay attention to with these instructions? Thanks!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/30/13 7:57pm
Msg #467942

Instructions for the borrower n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 4/30/13 8:37pm
Msg #467946

Re: Instructions for the borrower

When I tell them sign here, initial there, sign and date, now just sign. Give me copies of ID's. These are instructions from me to thee BO.

Reply by jnew on 4/30/13 9:54pm
Msg #467951

I have a letter of introduction that I give to the borrowers before we commence with the signing. In it, I explain who I am and what my purpose is. I also explain how the documents should be signed, initialed and dated. I show the person and phone number of the person whom they must consult with a problem and at the end is a giant large type sentence saying: "TODAY'S DATE IS APRIL 30, 2013. It comes in handy when the signers are older than me. (Not very many, indeed)

Reply by 101livescan on 5/1/13 8:28am
Msg #467974

That is very clever of you, saves a lot of verbal delivery too, Some people are more "symbolic", rather than auditory....have to be able to read it, rather than hear it.

I've come to learn in life, many people are not good, attentive listeners. When you're speaking, they are thinking about a hundred million other things and not focused on your delivery.

Reply by OR on 5/1/13 11:27am
Msg #468041

Re: What I know is..........

It is the part of the closing instruction that tell the Title person where to send the Funds $$$ due to the borrowers . They need to know if the funds are to be Deposited into checking account or snail mail or Fed Ex or UPS to the borrower.

Reply by OR on 5/1/13 1:39pm
Msg #468095

Re: What I know is..........like to add

It is also instruction to and how to send Money $$$ owed form borrower to close.

Reply by MW/VA on 5/1/13 8:39am
Msg #467981

There are often a lot of "junk" docs in the pkg. If it's closing instructions, etc., that don't require the borrower's signatures, I paperclip those in the back of the pkg. & don't bother the borrower with any of that. It is often instructions for the tc, etc.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.