Notary Rotary
When do you complete the journal entries during your signing
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by Nicci Jaxson on 4/11/13 12:23pm
Msg #465311

I have talked to multiple notaries about when the best time is to complete journal entries during the signing? I was wondering if you do it up front when you first sit down or during the signing as each document gets signed??? Thank you for any insight you can offer to make things go a little faster. Much appreciated.

Reply by Buddy Young on 4/11/13 1:15pm
Msg #465319

Re: When do you complete the journal entries during your signing n/m

Reply by Buddy Young on 4/11/13 1:16pm
Msg #465320

I do it as I complete each document that way I don't forget anything.

Reply by nerdary on 4/11/13 1:22pm
Msg #465323

So you have them sign the journal once you have entered all the entries and they have signed all the documents? OK that makes sense. Another notary I was asking was telling me you must complete the entries before they sign any documents...

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/11/13 1:21pm
Msg #465321

I fill in the document descriptions prior to going to the signings - date, document name, ack or jurat, - do that while setting up the package. When I'm at the table I just have to fill in ID info and their signatures - no thumbprints required here. Saves a lot of time at the table and I never just print and run anyway - I always set up the package ahead of time (but I realize that's just me because my time allows that).

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.