Notary Rotary
Which is worse?
Notary Discussion History

Which is worse?
Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by desktopfull on 4/27/13 6:23pm
Msg #467467

Which is worse?

Going into a home that smells like a diaper hamper or a cat litter box? It was all I could do to stay and get a 55pg pkg signed today due to the dirty diaper smell in the house.

Reply by Sha/CA on 4/27/13 7:02pm
Msg #467470

It stinks, but I guess this may be one of those mind over n/m

Reply by Sha/CA on 4/27/13 7:07pm
Msg #467471

matter situations. I doubt that you could call ahead to ask n/m

Reply by Sha/CA on 4/27/13 7:12pm
Msg #467472

Poops, posted to fast!!! n/m

Reply by Luckydog on 4/27/13 9:09pm
Msg #467479

Had one like that last year, middle of August 3 big dogs, not house broken, and no air conditioning in south FL. Besides that, buyers were arguing, would not agree to sign...I left after 30 minutes of them refusing to come to the table. 2 hours later we signed at a Starbucks. I refused to go back. lol

Reply by Linda Juenger on 4/27/13 9:17pm
Msg #467480

I do some GNW for an energy oil & gas Co out of OH that comes through here couple times a year. Went to a old farmhouse on Fri, walked in and almost fell over. People were in their 90's, both in wheelchairs, pee pots sitting next to them. OMG, did it ever stink. While they sat there and signed the lease with the guy and talked about the contract, I excused myself and lied that I had to make a phone call and went to my car for a bit. Not much we can do but try and get through it quickly.

Reply by janCA on 4/28/13 10:01am
Msg #467505

Or, there's the other end of the spectrum. I walked into a spic and span house the other day, and believe me the PINESOL (sp) or SIMPLE GREEN, not sure which, took my breath away. This was a young couple and the husband had a cleaning business, his big accounts were grocery stores, Target etc., so evidently he was used to this smell. But the fumes were so overwhelming, it was sickening. I couldn't wait to leave that home.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 4/29/13 8:25am
Msg #467614

That's funny!! My mom adds disinfectant to my dad's work clothes in laundry - and it Smells (lol). But I'd take the sanitary fumigation over the other. Except when I'm eating. Cannot eat around pet smells or the "mopped floor" odor in restaurants.

I know there are nasal drops for allergy sufferers; and those mini cans of lysol in the travel section of some stores (not sure how this could be discreetly employed in signers' homes, though)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.