Notary Discussion History

Word of the Day: Percipient
Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by NVLSlady/VA on 4/12/13 2:06pm
Msg #465458

Word of the Day: Percipient

percipient
\ per-SIP-ee-uhnt \ , adjective;
1. having perception; discerning; discriminating: a percipient choice of wines.
2. perceiving or capable of perceiving.

Noun:
1. a person or thing that perceives.

I called a 4.5 star!! signing service today who sent me a package: Dear Prospective #### Notary . . . Your responsibilities will include traveling to the borrower's home or office and witnessing and acknowledging the borrower's signature on all closing documents for a fee of $50.00 (yes, fifty dollars).

With all the self-control I could muster, I called for clarification. I was told that it was "an old package" and to cross out and enter my own fee; however, the nice gentleman added some samples (depending on location/distance), including $75 for overnight docs and $100-$125 for edocs. OK. so I was relieved.

Always good to counter and ask for more info. There may be some "old" info, institutions, etc. needing updating and overhauling . . . just don't settle for any metal (Go for the gold!)
_______
Quote:
"To be percipient, I must choose my work, along with my words, well - and percipient enough to know when NOT to betray my lack of sense, sensitivity or propriety." - M. Moore 04.12.13

Reply by Sandra G Holland on 4/12/13 4:50pm
Msg #465467

Thanks for a new word in my vocabulary.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.