Notary Rotary
Would the Notary who works for $50 in my area STOP
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by ME/NJ on 4/15/13 10:32am
Msg #465731

Walt is this you? Your profile list all the low pay companies you work for. JMT called me offered 50 bucks for a signing. Please stop or work for Walmart you will make more money.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 4/15/13 10:54am
Msg #465736

OMG!!! LOL..But I feel your pain LOL! n/m

Reply by NJDiva on 4/15/13 11:10am
Msg #465738

Go Mike go!!!! STOP working for $50, 60, 70, 80...

anything below $XXX!!!!

I certainly hope Walt is not ignorant enough to believe that ANY kind of money can be made taking pay lower than $XXX.

And don't be fooled into thinking doing volume makes up for it!!! Uh, DUH, it's twice the overhead AND making half the pay.

Pay them to hire MIKE!!! Geesh, you'd certainly be saving a whole lot of money!!! And they wouldn't be laughing at your silly A** all the way to the bank!!!

Sorry, I hate to hear that ignorance in our state...lol

Reply by panotary1 on 4/15/13 11:18am
Msg #465739

Yes and in my area too! I just got a call from a borrower with a close at home package, she said I already hired a notary to come to my house but I'm looking for the lowest fee. If you can do it cheaper than I'll go with you. I politely told her that I don't play that game and if she already hired a notary..then she's got it covered. What I really wanted to say is, you are jerk!

Reply by La Trese Breaux on 4/15/13 12:06pm
Msg #465750

LOVE the Blast YOU are so right they need to just say no n/m

Reply by ME/NJ on 4/15/13 12:52pm
Msg #465770

No print trip this is what it cost me

Time for travel - 50 miles round trip plus UPS (1 1/2 hours)
Signing - If it went well 20-30 minutes (budget 1 hour)
Tolls $2.00
Taxes- $13.00

Just between taxes, tolls, gas I am at $30.00 now add normal cost of business items, insurance and the 2-3 hours of your time.

This is why you would need to work at Walmart. Because you just made $10 bucks doing a $50 dollar deal.

The only way it would work if you were 2-4 miles from the signing and had UPS box close. That would cut down on time, Now you made $20-25

Reply by ikando on 4/15/13 2:11pm
Msg #465787

Re: No print trip this is what it cost me

The funniest part of this scenario is, at $10 for 2.5 hours "work", that equals $4.00/hour. Oftentimes people won't take a fast food or WalMart job because they "can make more" working for themselves. They don't calculate that they are working for less than minimum wage ($7.25 federal rate right now) for their time, not counting materials, costs and taxes. They just look at the $50 carrot.

Problem is, I'll bet whoever is in the OP's territory probably is totally unaware of the discussions available here and on other notary forums. I've found 2 new notaries advertising in my area who offer 24/7 service. I'm sure the Google searches are pulling them for the lowball fees. A person could spend a lot of time trying to connect with the newly commissioned, "I've put out my shingle" notaries to try to educate them on the realities of the business.

Reply by Anita Edwards on 4/15/13 5:42pm
Msg #465826

Re: No print trip this is what it cost me

Oh I hope they are all reading this. It's all very true and very informative. And NO volume doesn't work because there is no such thing as a perfect day more than once a week if your lucky. There is still a lot of driving back and forth to print those late docs that you didn't get when you first left.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 4/16/13 2:01am
Msg #465868

Another reason "volume" doesn't work for us...

...is because we can only be in one place at one time. It works for the signing services because they can have lots of different notaries signing at the same time. The chances are pretty high, however, that even if you do get more calls from a company promising volume, it's likely that many will be for the same time slots. So you might get a few more calls than you do now, but you might not get many more actual signings. Plus, as others have said here often, you're also more likely to be booked and unavailable when you get a call from one of the better companies. And if the fee is low enough, you'll just be going broke faster...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.