Notary Rotary
couple of firsts this week......
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by notarydi/CA on 4/26/13 11:04pm
Msg #467375

started the week off with an escrow officer texting me at 12:30 A.M.....could I do a 9 A.M. signing??? yes....gives a whole new meaning to 24/7 service......all went well.....

today's gem was after driving two hours to San Diego county for a signing....first words borr says to me is, "Does your notary stamp say San Diego county? If it doesn't, we might as well not start and get a notary in here whose stamp says San Diego county. Last time we bought a property, the notary's stamp said Orange County, and 'they' kicked it out and we had to re-do everything".

REALLY?

I have never had to explain to a borr that I am commissioned to notarize by the State of California to notarize ANYWHERE in the state of California. Had to tell him that although my principal place of business is Orange County, and my stamp does say Orange County, I can indeed notarize in San Diego county. Just need to make sure that I complete my acknowledgements and jurats accordingly. Completed the signing....but, really?

TIA for listening....it was a crazy week......

Reply by CJ on 4/27/13 12:59am
Msg #467384

I feel for you.

Just driving to San Diego from Orange County IS a pain.

Reply by ananotary on 4/27/13 2:37pm
Msg #467442

Re: I feel for you.

Agree! Although, I've learned that if timed right (10am-1pm window) the drive is usually a breeze. Same timeframe for LA area.

Reply by Luckydog on 4/27/13 8:59pm
Msg #467476

Why in the world would you drive 2 hours one way for a closing?? Surely there must be work closer to you in LA. My max is 35 minutes one way and that is pushing it. I hope they gave you $200+ to do that.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.