Notary Rotary
woohoo!!!!
Notary Discussion History

woohoo!!!!
Go Back to April, 2013 Index

Posted by ToniK on 4/18/13 1:44pm
Msg #466235

woohoo!!!!

Just got the approval for direct deposit for Servicelink!!!!! No more checks!!!!

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 4/18/13 3:57pm
Msg #466259

They giveith and they can takeith away. I have no direct

experience, but , I have heard that if someone makes a direct deposit to your checking
account, and later determine to take it back, they can do so.

Reply by snowflake/PA on 4/18/13 4:04pm
Msg #466261

Re: They giveith and they can takeith away. Something to be

said for being "old school". Still like to receive my payments in the mail.

Reply by ToniK on 4/18/13 4:07pm
Msg #466262

Re: They giveith and they can takeith away. I have no direct

No they cant. the agreement I signed states they can ONLY deposit into my account. There is no withdrawing from my account. However, SL is a great client and I have never had an issue with them.

I hate having to run to the bank everytime I get a check. I prefer DD...put it in my account.

Reply by sueharke on 4/19/13 2:11pm
Msg #466360

Have you considered using one of those phone apps that you take a picture of the check and deposit it directly into your checking account? I don't think I would use it, but it might be a good approach for you.

Reply by LKT/CA on 4/18/13 8:55pm
Msg #466292

Social security can take money back. The IRS, unfortunately, can wipe out your ENTIRE account for the few bucks you owe them. In other words, you owe the IRS $25.....you have $5,000 in your account. Instead of just taking their $25, the IRS will seize the whole $5,000 - and you have to grovel and beg them to return your money....money they are not entitled to.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 4/19/13 10:10am
Msg #466346

NOT correct--They giveith and they can takeith away

ACH doesn't work that way.

Reply by MW/VA on 4/18/13 4:34pm
Msg #466267

I don't work for them in particular, but I'm loving that

more cos. are going with direct deposit. The snail mail is taking longer & longer & isn't as reliable as it used to be.

Reply by Jack/AL on 4/18/13 10:15pm
Msg #466301

Re: I don't work for them in particular, but I'm loving that

The direct deposit works well for me! A deposit is made weekly. From what I can tell, it seems that all invoices posted by Wednesday are paid on Thursday, and take a day or two to show up. I might be off by a day, for it works so well that I don't pay close attention to it, except to verify that funds were received by my credit union. Unfortunately, that other office of ServiceLink still requires a monthly billing, and then pays by check, a few weeks later.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.