Notary Rotary
Adding Perjury statement on calif ack
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by Holly Reynolds on 8/7/13 10:13pm
Msg #479601

If a ack is completed and it was an ld form not including the calif verbiage can it be corrected? Can the notary had the perjury verbiage in handwriting

Reply by Priscilla Witman on 8/7/13 10:18pm
Msg #479602

It would probably be better to just attach a loose ack. n/m

Reply by pdl/cali on 8/7/13 10:21pm
Msg #479604

I would attach a loose cert. n/m

Reply by Holly Reynolds on 8/7/13 10:48pm
Msg #479609

What if it is a week later. Can it be added at title company

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 8/7/13 11:13pm
Msg #479611

Yes, a notary can handwrite the perjury paragraph (if desperate, because you don't have a loose cert with you and the FedEx driver is ready to take off in 3 seconds). However, I'm not so sure about a week later?! I suppose the TC can add anything it wants to your certificate, whether you know about it or not. Are you asking because your certificate was rejected by the county recorder for noncompliance? Is title sending it back to you, asking you to handwrite it in now? Are they asking you for "permission" to write in in themselves??

Reply by Buddy Young on 8/8/13 12:39am
Msg #479623

there is nothing that says it has to be typed.

However if it was rejected by the county recorder for incorrect wording and you added it later they would know. Probably be safer to redo.

Reply by rolomia on 8/8/13 8:06am
Msg #479629

Does state law allow a new ack. to be added, as an addendum?

...Such an addendum could contain wording that allows it to be accepted as a replacement for the doc. that precedes it in the loan file. Then, the correct verbiage that you refer to in your o.p. could be added to same. Of course, this all assumes that sate law allows such an addendum. Does it?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.